Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gave car a good belting now knocking when cold??

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Telling someone to settle the F**K down and telling them to shut up isnt going to fuel the fire. No, not at all. Ha ha ha. Good one.
Who are you to tell anybody what to do? Your post wasnt helpfull, your not helping the bloke, how about you settle the f**k down and shut up?

Fair point, i shouldn't have said anything.

Just sick of people wanting to go flying off the radar, and i guess i ended up doing it myself! And unfortunatly, your doing the same by snapping back at me haha! Ending the circle here :p

I'm with Ian on this one, there could be many different reasons for the sound, best bet is to take it to the mechanic. Let them stress over the problem, its what they're paid to do. :)

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Just an old tired lifter, nothing to lose sleep over.

Ahhh, Well that would explain it ahaha. it has quitend down ALOT since I put some 'engine tune up' in it... reduces lifter noise apparently. aha :p

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Is this noise good or bad? aha.
My Buick 6 has the simular sound on startup.. only in the cold mornings though?

Umm I would say bad! something knocking in the engine doesn't sound right to me and it shouldn't make that noise. It certainly didn't when I bought it and each new one didn't make it untill 7-10k..

Anyway I don't want to take over the OP thread with my previous troubles. I posted the videos to compare with the noise he is hearing... maybe it will help him in making a decision what to do next...

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Umm I would say bad! something knocking in the engine doesn't sound right to me and it shouldn't make that noise. It certainly didn't when I bought it and each new one didn't make it untill 7-10k..

Anyway I don't want to take over the OP thread with my previous troubles. I posted the videos to compare with the noise he is hearing... maybe it will help him in making a decision what to do next...

Its an old VR, probably been to the moon by now. it not unheard of for those old buick engines to have noisy lifters once they hit a few hundred thousand ks. At least his goes away.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Its an old VR, probably been to the moon by now. it not unheard of for those old buick engines to have noisy lifters once they hit a few hundred thousand ks. At least his goes away.

Yeah.. I thought he was referring to the OP and it being bad for an L98 engine. The old V6 buick is another story...

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Yeah.. I thought he was referring to the OP and it being bad for an L98 engine. The old V6 buick is another story...

I seen where our wires got crossed, I should have made it more clear I was directing my comment at gothickid :)

Brizz6l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6l calais
Sounds similar to video, but not as bad! Man didn't this thread cause a stir lol;-) all cars aren't created equal! Depends what you want and need, bout car as a cruiser with a little bit extra poke, after owning 22 different cars in 12 years of licence they are all so much different ! I've owned fords to ricer gtrs;-)