Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G'day from Ireland!

metalgear2k2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Celica SS111
Hi guys, I'm Tadhg from Cork Ireland. I joined your forum in the hope of familiarizing myself more with the Holden Commodore Ute, trying to gather as much info about them as possible as sometime in the near future I hope to buy and import one over to Ireland.

I was in Australia from Sep 2006 to May 2007, worked as a laborer in Sydney for 3.5 months and then worked on a large farm near Richmond in Queensland out in the outback, had a fantastic time in Australia and while in Sydney one of my Australian friends on the site had a nice Ute, took my for a spin one day on the way home from work and I was hooked!! They look and sound great, we don’t have anything like them over here so if I was to import one I think theirs a good chance it would be the only one in the country.

So if anyone could point me to the Ute section or tell me about other dedicated Ute sites I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Glad you like it. Can't help you though.

What I can say is we pay $130,000 for the same US car that costs $30,000 over there, thanks to our import laws.

All I can gain from this post is: our import laws are fuct.

Sorry if that doesn't help. I like the Camaro and new Challenger (we build some of these).

Basically what I mean is even if you import it from here at an extortionate price (spelling) then **** yeah you're ahead. Drive that piece of **** until it meets a noisy death, then replace the faulty bit.

We have a 1967 Kingswood (HK) that is still running, its ****ing indestructible.

metalgear2k2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Celica SS111
Well I have been looking around and what I'd be interested in is this:

Photo Gallery - carsales.com.au

Ute1.jpg

Ute2.jpg

Maybe not in that color, would like to get the Holden Red. That Ute is about €11000 and to ship it over here is another €3000 so it would be €14000 or $21000 AUD. The only thing I would be worried about is getting parts and getting someone to service it over here. Also what ron petrol do ye run over there? We use 95 ron here I think so if it’s different I would need to get it remapped to run on the fuel here.

Also I really don’t get all the different makes like:

* VE
* VE MY09.5
* VE MY10
* VU
* VU II
* VY
* VY II
* VZ
* VZ VZ MY06

Is there ones that are better than others, any that I should just stay away from etc? Thanks for the help guys.

Just to say why I would like to bring one over here, we have different rules here to have a car on the road, we must by law have road tax and insurance on the car. The road tax is per year and is calculated by the engine size of the car so it goes:

1L = €173 euro per year
1.6l = €470 euro per year
2.0l = €616 euro per year
Anything over 3.0l = €1700 per year!!!

But all commercial vehicles have a standard road tax of €240 a year regardless of engine size so this is a big reason to bring one over. The Ute is classed as a commercial vehicle here so lots of power without having to pay crazy road tax every year!

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Glad you like it. Can't help you though.

What I can say is we pay $130,000 for the same US car that costs $30,000 over there, thanks to our import laws.

All I can gain from this post is: our import laws are fuct.

Sorry if that doesn't help. I like the Camaro and new Challenger (we build some of these).

Basically what I mean is even if you import it from here at an extortionate price (spelling) then **** yeah you're ahead. Drive that piece of **** until it meets a noisy death, then replace the faulty bit.

We have a 1967 Kingswood (HK) that is still running, its ****ing indestructible.

lolwut.jpg

Don't think any commodore ute's are selling for $130,000?!

metalgear2k2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Celica SS111
I posted a big long post earlier and it said it had to be ok'ed by a mod, hows it coming along?

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
i think he is referring to a vehicle like a hummer, cheap over there, not very cheap here. im sure the free trade agreement has a little to do with that too.

metalgearsks, have a look at commodores in the UK or united emirates first. there are cars over there, but im not sure what the are called.

metalgear2k2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Celica SS111
i think he is referring to a vehicle like a hummer, cheap over there, not very cheap here. im sure the free trade agreement has a little to do with that too.

metalgearsks, have a look at commodores in the UK or united emirates first. there are cars over there, but im not sure what the are called.

Have looked in the UK, couldnt find any Utes for sale, will check the United Emirates though, thanks!

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL

I meant the Camaro, we make it. :(

Cost has been a major issue for Camaro. But GM sources say entry level versions will retail from about $21,000. (IN THE US)

For us - a different story.