Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F2 GTS "T"-Boned

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Driving around last Saturday afternoon on a nice day approaching an Eastlink Freeway overpass on a green light, when a young lady coming in the opposite direction turned right through a red arrow like a rocket and T-Boned my GTS. Wide road with two lanes on either side going straight ahead and two lanes on either side turning on to the Freeway. Jury is still out whether or not it will be a write-off.

1690365282053.png

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
bit of a tricky repair, will be costly so they might just do a repairable write off.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ohhhhh, man that sucks big time. I hope they don't right it off. Hopefully with the cars value it will get repaired.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Any damage to the B and C pillars? I assume the airbags did not go off. Hopefully it gets fixed.

In 2012, the Mazda 3 got T-boned on the passenger side. Airbags did not go off. Other car stopped a the stop sign and then proceeded to cross the intersection. Only problem was that I got in the way. Insurance repaired the Mazda and we still have it.

Here are shots of the Mazda and the other car.

IMG_1139.jpgIMG_1144.jpg

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Driving around last Saturday afternoon on a nice day approaching an Eastlink Freeway overpass on a green light, when a young lady coming in the opposite direction turned right through a red arrow like a rocket and T-Boned my GTS. Wide road with two lanes on either side going straight ahead and two lanes on either side turning on to the Freeway. Jury is still out whether or not it will be a write-off.

View attachment 255054
Looks like a complete new door,
repair of the Dog Leg,
Repair the Cil,
Replacement Trim

MHO, that's repairable.

Hope the dumb a___ other driver is insured !

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

View attachment 255054
Going by your descriptions of the intersection,

I am tipping it was Frankston / Cranbourne Road intersection ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that chassis around the bottom of the door is all one piece with the rest of the body so can be tricky, i hope its ok and not too damaged there structurally so they will allow the repair of it, seen one way back in the day that was a stat write-off because of that area but there's was worse then yours looks, even tho it was fully fixed it was never allowed back on the road, hopefully yours is more cosmetic

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

View attachment 255054
Holy fkn sht!

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Looks repairable. Mine was hit and there was slight damage to the dogleg and cil, quarter panel and back door. No issue in the insurance company repairing it. Given your insured value would be much higher than mine, I'd say they'll push for it to be repaired.

On the off chance they do write it off, I call first dibs on the back brake calipers :D

Seriously though, glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.