Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

General VF Questions ( Need answers)

Mikeyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Ute
Hey Guys!

I've got a Black VF Sv6 manual ute and theres a few answers I haven't been able to find anywhere else and maybe this can help me!

Number 1 : With the MyLink head unit system. How can you run a amp to power a sub off it? RCA???
Number 2 : I'm aware that it is only a sv6 but being a p plater I obviously want to get the best out of my car whilst still being legal. Is there anyone that can tune the Vf sv6 yet? and whether running an OTR intake and 2.5 inch catback without a tune would be benifical enough?

I appreciate your time and hopefully someone can help me out!

Mike

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
First you will need to purchase a LOC such as

($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

That will allow you to run it to an amp, I am thinking of getting that and also a slim line amp as I also have an SV6 Ute, this is the sub and amp I am thinking of

($379) Kicker 11HS8 150 Watts RMS HideAway Loaded 8inch Subwoofer Enclosure with Integrated Amplifier - 11HS8

Its nice and small and will fit under the seat, the battery is at the back of the passenger so its nice and easy, run the remote from the LOC which gets its remote from the power on signal on the headunit.

Follow the guide linked for removal of head unit that will show you exactly what to do.

From everything I've seen and heard, getting good sound from an SV6 is very difficult, I will look at a short shift kit and pretty much just get a tune and leave it at that.

jhsg

Reaction score
First you will need to purchase a LOC such as

($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

That will allow you to run it to an amp, I am thinking of getting that and also a slim line amp as I also have an SV6 Ute, this is the sub and amp I am thinking of

($379) Kicker 11HS8 150 Watts RMS HideAway Loaded 8inch Subwoofer Enclosure with Integrated Amplifier - 11HS8

Its nice and small and will fit under the seat, the battery is at the back of the passenger so its nice and easy, run the remote from the LOC which gets its remote from the power on signal on the headunit.

Follow the guide linked for removal of head unit that will show you exactly what to do.

From everything I've seen and heard, getting good sound from an SV6 is very difficult, I will look at a short shift kit and pretty much just get a tune and leave it at that.

Are you going to run the splits off the amp or just the sub?

jhsg

Reaction score
You should just get some sound deadener in your doors first. That will give you significantly more punch and mid range. It will also kill off any rattles you get when the speakers are cranked up.

jhsg

Reaction score
Interesting thing on this issue... I was talking to a guy who upgraded his vf redline audio system. Amongst other things / issues the main thing he mentioned is the Bose speakers he pulled out were garbage. They have the build quality of $100 speakers. He spent $1000 total and put in some good hertz speakers and a sub in the boot. All running off a similar line out system from the main headunit. Now the sound quality is incredible..

falcom

Reaction score
Does anybody know how you update the maps on the Sat Nav in the VF?

If so what are the costs involved?

mrpayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute M6
I cannot seem to get confirmation of the standard diff ratio in the SS Manual ute, any help?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Amongst other things / issues the main thing he mentioned is the Bose speakers he pulled out were garbage. They have the build quality of $100 speakers..

I am not surprised.
It will be something I will upgrade shortly.