Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Reverse Parking Sensor

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
Hi in my 07 calais i have front and rear sensors, when working they each have a different tone sound that come from front and rear in cabin also a screen comes up on radio of a car with colour lines front and back and corners.When i put car in reverse the system comes on.In my drive way it is narrow so it sensors the side fence and house and goes nuts with all the beeps and display .So i turn it off there is a button in front of auto selector near the stability button.I have now put a reverse camera in i push aux button and get rear view and beepers still work so best of booth.It was worth it for the rear view camera .I got a cam off ebay and vim stuff off JHP in Melbourne.The sensors never let me down but seeing is believing.So i use beeps for the distance gap and camera to see what its telling me.It makes it safer to park.

Attachments

• DSC03566.jpg
    DSC03566.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC03568.jpg
    DSC03568.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,785

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
I own two VE, one for me and my missus :D I am hard of hearing I can't bloody hear the beeping every time i reverse the car. I got told there can be fitted a small bar of leds at the back near the brake lights that can be viewed from ur rear mirror, the closer u get to a object.. the leds will increase from green to amber then red RED REDDDD. I asked him and the business shutted down, so I couldnt find any where like after market leds or whatsoever. ANY one know what i mean? Or any advice will be great. Cheers

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
i dont know if it does but it does on my dads calias which is the same head unit a ssv has. its shows a car and markers flashing yellow then orange when u get closer

deano77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60-th Anniversary
I've got factory fitted rear sensors, as soon as you hit reverse, car graphics come up on the screen and beeping starts... In all honesty, that beeping drives me crazy at times :))))

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Sorry to dredge up this older thread.

My reverse sensors audiable guide has stopped working. There's no sound at all (which is nice) but as usual it just annoy's me that something is not working properly...

I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has sorted the fix themselves. I hate visiting dealers. I rarely leave in a pleasant mood!