Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

German woman deafens telemarketer

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I'm skeptical. I would imagine that regardless of how loud a noise is on one end of the phone, it's hardly going to be transmitted at the same volume. Hence why when I was on the phone at the drags a year or two ago, as a top fuel run went ahead, the person on the other end just heard scratchy static. There is a limit to volume output on phones, if that phone deafened the telemarketer then they should be chasing their workplace for allowing the use of phones that are capable of causing hearing damage.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
We have a silent number, but still get plenty of calls, at the usual time.

DNC register does not include charities nor businesses operating outside of Australia, which is different to Australian businesses with overseas call centres.

My plan of attack is usually one of:

1. Give the phone to one of the kids for a chat.

2. String them of for as long as possible carefully avoiding saying the word YES to anything.

3. In the case of charities, as soon as they start on about who they are, I chime in with "hey I'm glad you called, my kids school is having a fundraiser for new play equipment, would you help to give the future generation a better start in life by donating $100 to our cause? All I need is your credit card number" hehe, listen to them cough and splutter then!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
That's pretty messed up...i know telemarketers are annoying and everything, but they are just doing their job. I hate getting calls from telemarketers as much as the next bloke but there isn't any need to resort to permanently disabling them with tinnitus.
A little bit of empathy goes a long way and i've known plenty of people who at points of their lives have had to make a living of a crappy job like telemarketing and call centre work to pay the bills and they weren't bad people, they're just doing a job like any of us.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I'm skeptical. I would imagine that regardless of how loud a noise is on one end of the phone, it's hardly going to be transmitted at the same volume. Hence why when I was on the phone at the drags a year or two ago, as a top fuel run went ahead, the person on the other end just heard scratchy static. There is a limit to volume output on phones, if that phone deafened the telemarketer then they should be chasing their workplace for allowing the use of phones that are capable of causing hearing damage.

I agree, story is BS.

M

mwb235

I'm surprised a 61yo could blow that hard, i wonder if she had her teeth in? Thankfully it wasn't my whistle she blew on.