Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting Digital Prints made.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Down at the Dick Smith Powerhouses you can see the sort of quality you'll get from prints. Anything larger than 8x12" is sent up to Fuji in Sydney and the process the big jobs there (including canvas prints).

As for warranty i'm not sure on that, you'd have to ask the salesperson at the counter, however ask them to find out how much it is to extend the warranty, can be covered by Dick Smith Warranty.

And the usual, you get your care instructions on how to look after canvas prints, e.g. using a vacuum instead of liquids (common sense)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Basically all they are saying is that they use colour neg paper, you really want to know the brand, ie Kodak, Ilford, Agfa.....

As for cropping, you should specify full frame or standard crop. easier just to get full frame, so you don't lose any image.

I can do your canvas prints for $150/SQM. So for a 20"x30" you're looking at about $55

Can i ask who you print with to supply at this price? Is it stretched, if so what profile etc? Do you guarantee work in the sense if i am dissatisfied with the quality i can have my money back? How many years protection is the canvas covered for etc? What colour profile you use? i could list loads more but wont waste your time too much lol.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Can i ask who you print with to supply at this price? Is it stretched, if so what profile etc? Do you guarantee work in the sense if i am dissatisfied with the quality i can have my money back? How many years protection is the canvas covered for etc? What colour profile you use? i could list loads more but wont waste your time too much lol.

I print all my work myself, through my employer. While we do more corporate, display and point of sale work, we can also do one off's. We're not setup as a lab as such, and usually everything that is supplied has come from a designer. Rarely do we have to worry about input profiles and colour correction. For my own work I use SRGB, and only have to usually do minor corrections (unless it's skin tones).

I'm not sure what you mean by stretched? If you mean the stretching the image to fit a particular size, then no. It would be easier to supply the image already cropped to the size you wish, or it will be printed full frame.

I have no idea what the warranty on the canvas is, I can tell you for any of the vinyl's we stock though.:thumbsup: Having said that I have canvas images that were printed about 3 years ago hanging on my walls that haven't faded or have any signs of fading.

We have 2 inkjet printers capable of printing on canvas, a Vutek QS2000- 1080 DPI and a Roland ecosolvent- 720 DPI

If you're not happy with the quality of the work, then it will usually be reprinted, if you whinge enough then you'll get your money back.;)

feel free to ask any other questions.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Well my print turned up on monday. Im pretty happy with it, its definitly not professional quality print, but neither was the photo :p But for a first photoshoot and print Im pretty happy with it.
Now I got to capture some photos that are actually print worthy lol.

MitchellRiver_DeadcockDen045Small.jpg

Thats the photo I got made into a 100 X 75cm print.