Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GetToDaChopa's VH 253

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
I think that one rocker cover looks better then getting both done! Heck I think I'm going to get a dirty one from the wreckers and piss one of my painted ones off! =P

But seriously, nice car dude.. now check out mine. XD

Last edited:

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Looking forward to seeing pics of the H lowered mate ;) . Engine bay will look a heap better once the other rocker cover is painted :thumbsup: . Keep up the awesome work :yeah: .

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Thank you. I haven't had a chance to do the front today (sanding floors all day and to tired to work on the car) but i did snap a pic before leaving the house:

P8231269.jpg

Sooo have to do the front springs and shocks next weekend...

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Thanks for the link there. I'd love to buy it now but will not do this until the car is on the road and i've driven it a bit. And something always comes up like this.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
So i got my car a little present. New wheels. I had some issues with the other ones. Haven't lowered the front yet, because i don't know how :cry: If someone knows how to take the front struts out of the VH. Otherwise it's not a big deal, ones i get it on the road i'll get someone else to do it.

I like pictures.... :

P8301277.jpg

P8301278.jpg

P8301280.jpg

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
its easy as
get your car on stands
take off the wheels
take the caliper off
take the bearing cup off
take out the split pin
take off the nut
take of the disc and bearings keeping them free of dirt
then take the split pin and nut off the ball joint tap on the side of ball joint until it comes out
then take the split pin and nut off the tie rod end
take off the three bolts in engine bay
remove strut
compress spring undo the top nut in the strut top bearing plate youll need a long socket
take the spring off
then theres a big hex nut/plate youll need multi grips remove and fit shocker
then re assemble everything ive just explained
when you remove the wheel bearing remember how tight the nut is because they arnt ment to be tight

I AM NOT RESPONSEABLE FOR ANYONE THAT USES THIS ADVICE AND ****S THERE CAR UP

AitchEBoy

Ray
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 VC Waggon 3.3 auto
Cheboorator

I have only just come accross your original post and subsequent threads. If your interested I have just converted my VC 6 cyl automatic to a Celica 5 speed manual. We use our VC to participate on bush and dirt road bashes to rise money for ChildFlight .

I did a lot of research on these conversions including sourcing the various parts for the swap. Dellow and CRC both provide kits for a cost which is reasonable or you could buy parts off EBay ( if you are sure what you are looking for or that the parts are the correct ones.) If you can do the swap yourself then you will save money. I see from one of your earlier posts that you have the Supra box which is going behind a V8. Speedo Cable will be required to be made up and there is a very capable bloke down in St Marys that does a good job. Mind you he isnt cheap but the work is verygood. Old saying you pay for what you get.

If interested drop a pmail or repost on list. P.S. I live at the bottom of the hill in Cambridge Gardens.

Ray
;)