Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Globes - cheaper alternative?

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
but like juzo said, after 8 years or so if your paying $10 globe is it really a big problem? If it is then i suggest selling your car and riding the ****ing bus to the retard factory

It's probably bit above your level of comprehension to realise you could simply buy some cheaper replacement globes in the same time it would take you to go down to holden spare parts. I've had the car for just over a year, and 4 globes have gone out.

Haha just saw your selling a vt for 9 grand.. no wonder you don't mind paying through the roof.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
but like juzo said, after 8 years or so if your paying $10 globe is it really a big problem? If it is then i suggest selling your car and riding the ****ing bus to the retard factory

actually yes they r they dont have the tolerance 2 bumps n knocks like LEDs, they blow very easy, ud b very lucky 2 get a globe 2 last 8 years let alone a couple. Also LEDs use less power and generate less heat and more light so y not go LEDs?

The only advantage globes have over LEDs is that they have a better light spread where as LEDs have more of a forward projection so more LEDs r needed 2 get the same result.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It's probably bit above your level of comprehension to realise you could simply buy some cheaper replacement globes in the same time it would take you to go down to holden spare parts. I've had the car for just over a year, and 4 globes have gone out.

Haha just saw your selling a vt for 9 grand.. no wonder you don't mind paying through the roof.

If your bulbs are blowing that often it sounds like you have some other problem. They shouldn't be dying that quickly.

Nothing wrong with LEDs if they are done right (directional light and all that) but in my experience instrument bulbs last a bloody long time, so paying bit over knowing they will work and fit without hassles is fine in my book.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
If your bulbs are blowing that often it sounds like you have some other problem. They shouldn't be dying that quickly.

Nothing wrong with LEDs if they are done right (directional light and all that) but in my experience instrument bulbs last a bloody long time, so paying bit over knowing they will work and fit without hassles is fine in my book.

Thats the thing most of the time there is no problem Globes simply dont like bumps, vibrations or knocks so they blow very easy.

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Also the globe in my power button next to the shifter blew.. holden spare parts guy told me I have to buy a whole new button.. I told him the globe comes out just like the others but he said "No, it may look like that, but it doesn't, you need a whole new button". Of course the globe did come straight out.. just couldn't find another one the same size..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also the globe in my power button next to the shifter blew.. holden spare parts guy told me I have to buy a whole new button.. I told him the globe comes out just like the others but he said "No, it may look like that, but it doesn't, you need a whole new button". Of course the globe did come straight out.. just couldn't find another one the same size..

Hes right ina way they only sell them as a whole (switch) same with rear elec window switches but ur right they do come out. The same globe that fits into ur power, hazzard, fog, dome, LPG switches r all the same but u can easily replace them with bezels.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

Hey, should the power button on my vs have a light in it ? If so its been blown for so long i never new it had a globe !!

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute

Not my problem if your piece of **** vx is blowing globes all the time. my vt hasnt blown a globe yet. Perhaps you just dont have a clue and bought a clapped out car.

LOL, ill send u a PM when i sell my VT for 9000 without any problems clown.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not my problem if your piece of **** vx is blowing globes all the time. my vt hasnt blown a globe yet. Perhaps you just dont have a clue and bought a clapped out car.

LOL, ill send u a PM when i sell my VT for 9000 without any problems clown.

LOL wats with the attitude man?? ud b supprised how many VN-VZ's that i work on (perticually the VT/VX's) that r blown just coz u havent blown a globe doesnt mean the globes rnt sensitive.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
LOL wats with the attitude man?? ud b supprised how many VN-VZ's that i work on (perticually the VT/VX's) that r blown just coz u havent blown a globe doesnt mean the globes rnt sensitive.

This other 'guy' seems to know all about buying globes cheaper so why has he made a thread about it?