Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Globes/Heat

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hey people,

I want to get a coloured theme going for the interior of my VR, however the little plastic "slips" from the auto shops don't cater for the long/fat bulbs on the main interior light. I was wondering if Red Cellophane would probably do the job, or would the bulb get too hot? The doors/light isn't on for extreme lengths of time, probably 3-4 minutes max.

R

rattattack1313

cellophane is a definite NO-NO..... go to Supercheap..they have LEDs for $10 each...red..blue..yellow....white...greeen.....

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
ahh yeah. the LED I dont think will work, as it's the VR interior light bulb - not the dash lights :p

I will take a pic of it when I can if u want.

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
I think rattattack is right, you can get the festoon led globe from supercheap or autobarn that will fit in your interior overhead light!

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'll definately have another look, but I doubt they'll have what I want. nevertheless, I'll let u know!

R

rattattack1313

Umm...I know I am right........they come in a festoon of 3...with a built in resistor...I have several of them in my car.....Interior light, glove box, boot....

Last edited by a moderator:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
oh ok .. I went to two autobarn stores a while back, and they had the long bulb type ones, but they weren't long enough for my globe holster/socket. I have the measurements from Autobarn now of the two sizes they have, 31 and 36mm long. Thinking the 36mm might be right, but I'll check it up tonight on my bulb in my car. if not, I might have to get some heat paint or something.

thanks guys.

R

rattattack1313

I still managed to get the 31 mm ones in....just set them so they are just inside the clip.......see in tha pic.....

Attachments

• interior green LED.jpg
    interior green LED.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 185

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
But do they fit interior light on a vr????

R

rattattack1313

I assume so.....the fit in my Vee Pee..me sons Vee Enn...me mates Vee Ar.......