Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Glove box light kit?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Hey all I noticed the other day my gf has a glovebox light in her 2012 sv6, and when I checked in mine, 2009 sv6, realised I had the hole for one but no light. I had a look at the forums here and on another website and while its been mentioned before, i couldnt find a clear answer on if/where i could get a wiring patch to install the light, I was just wondering if anyone has done it or has any information on it.
https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/glovebox-compartment-lighting-kit-ve-ss-ssv-sv6-hs
From what I can tell this is what i need but seems like a massive wiring harness for a switch and bulb, either way thanks for any help

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be interested in this too. My old 1994 VR V6 S Pac ute had a glovebox light yet my 2008 VE SS ute doesn't.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
I'd be interested in this too. My old 1994 VR V6 S Pac ute had a glovebox light yet my 2008 VE SS ute doesn't.
yeah ill let you know if i find out, i was also confused about it in general, because from my understanding the sv6 came as a series 1 and the series 2 model didn't come out till 2011, with the S1 not having the lamp, and the S2 having it. that makes sense there, but if the lamp wasn't an option till 2011, why do the older ones have the hole cut-out?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
SII seemed to get a fair few more features than SI did, both in SV6 and base SS.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
SII seemed to get a fair few more features than SI did, both in SV6 and base SS.
just got a message back from the website i linked. i asked them for the instructions to be emailed to me so i could have a better understanding of the wiring and if it was right, they've told me the product is finished and out of stock. Im hoping its just out of stock and not completely finished forever

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
yeah ill let you know if i find out, i was also confused about it in general, because from my understanding the sv6 came as a series 1 and the series 2 model didn't come out till 2011, with the S1 not having the lamp, and the S2 having it. that makes sense there, but if the lamp wasn't an option till 2011, why do the older ones have the hole cut-out?
The basic part of the glovebox was common across all models, upper spec. models had the light.