Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Glue

bazz61

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII sports wagon 2011
The roof lining is separating just above wind screen ..any recomendations on how /what to use to fix ..shouldn't happen in a 7 year old car ..!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can get this orange can spray glue from Autobarn. Its one of the few spray gear that works. But having said that its probably only a matter of a short time before it lets go in several places. Once the foam breaks down it won't last long.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Mine started there at about 6 or 7 years old. It's par for the course. They all do so your not on your own.
I used contact cement on it to hold it up, but it soon let go elsewhere.
I called in REPAIR BULL to fix it, and fix it they did better than the factory job.
They take it all out, clean it up and replace foam and use the same head lining as was there.
A really terrific job. Give them a call as they are handy to you. REPAIR BULL.

rossybob

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy berlina
I used PVA wood glue on mine two years ago and it`s still holding up

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
as mentioned the spray glue from autobarn
3m spray adhesive
done many cars over the years
if you catch the headlining early they stay good for years

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
this does seem to be a bit of a thing with different cars, i had my Clubsport redone black (it wasn't sagging I just wanted a different colour) cost bugger all for a professional job like $150 or something. Monaro is still factory, don't know what makes them let go probably the foam layer as some have already mentioned.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Monaro is still factory, don't know what makes them let go probably the foam layer as some have already mentioned.

Yeah according to the motor trimmer the foam breaks down. Like Gossie and mpower said it's fairly cheap to have it redone. I was quoted $100 to redo the ute as long as I pull the board out myself. I did my own and it cost me $100 to do it myself and I am not happy with the job. Needing to get it done professionally at some point.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There is an ‘art’ to doing it properly. Some people have done it themselves, and are satisfied with the result, but it is very easy to get wrinkles and finger marks.
I had the Crewman done professionally, it took longer to get the cardboard plug out and clean up the mess from the foam residue, than it took to lay in the new headlining.
The motor trimmer told me that dismantling the Monaro is ‘b*st**d’ compared to sedans, so I hope it lasts.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Having done the lining in my old VS myself, I would pay a pro to do one next time.

While it was an interesting project, I cbf doing it again.