Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Holden Launches Dual-Fuel Commodore

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
ive never liked gas conversions but having gas as stock built by holden sounds promising.

Whats next? hydro-electric cars by holden? haha

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
im getting my vs conveted to duel fuel at the end of october by a group called parnell. now having read the system holden has install, it sounds just like the parnell system i am having fitted, so i cant see how any of it is new technogly, though this new vapour system is only 1-2 years old, but great news, shame how the front seats in commodores are still to high though

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Infus10n said:
ive never liked gas conversions but having gas as stock built by holden sounds promising.

Whats next? hydro-electric cars by holden? haha

If you mean hybrid-electric they already built a prototype called the E-commodore. It is on display at the powerhouse museum. I also saw it at the 2000 paralympics. from memory it looks like a VT but with a monaro rear end. It has a smaller IC engine with super caps and lead acid batteries.

Mike

M

marty52

Patrio7 said:
warms up on fuel then flicks to lpg?

so either way you still need to put that $20 in each week. but on the flip side lpg in perth is hovering about 40c a litre so $20 a week on unleaded is still a notable saving.

very nice.
I have a factory fitted LPG VT, which uses petrol on start up. $20 worth of petrol keeps you going for months!

M

marty52

I have a factory fitted LPG VT which uses petrol on startup. $20 worth of petrol lasts for months!!

S

stormin

packet_pumper said:
Also, if you wanted to take this car on a road trip through the outback I presume LPG stations maybe rare thus can the car run in "petrol mode only" or must you always have petrol+LPG available for the car to work? I'd hope the car could run purely on petrol from a flexability perspective so if I was on a road trip then I don't need to plan fuel stops via every town with LPG fueling stations.
Mike Anderson

It's dual-fuel so it will run on either. If you select LPG, it will start with ULP and switch to LPG after the engine is warm. Otherwise, it will stay on ULP. You would imagine the setup (apart from this being injection) is similar to their previous ones, ie keep existing tank and place the LPG tank(s) in the spare wheel well and relocate the spare wheel.