Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Magnetic Ride Control - Is it any good?

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
i agree any one owning a LE with MRC fitted, it might be a good idea to purchase a set of MRC shocks and put them away, even if you never used them, in years to come you would be able to sell them and get your money back or maybe make a profit , a mates LE has a MRC shock with a small leak but still has warranty, i think it would be a smart move to put a set away, i wonder what a set would cost from holden, not cheap i bet
Allow approx 1500 to 2k rrp (dealer dependant) for each front and approx 700 for each rear. May get better deal if your parts guy likes you. Fairly sure this is dampner only not the complete strut/ shock assembly and would need to confirm but I believe same p/n as chev ss. Be interesting to know how many k's your mates LE has done before the leak started. Mine has done 10k so far no problems. Judging by what I have read on other forums with MRC, I was expecting about 100k, maybe thats just my optimism. Nothing comes cheap with the LE's but thats the game and all is forgiven once you find the twisty roads.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s was a piss in the hand to revalue my old Bilsteins :cool:

With all this talk about failing MRC dampers, I must get under my car and have a good look at how the MRC dampers are put together and whether they are leaking.

But is there any known reason why the shocks themselves can’t be rebuild as fixing MRC seals and replenishing the magic fluid can’t be that hard can it?