Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Bye to the VY - Engine Fire

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
AAMI are good, my ex rolled her VY almost on purpose, went crazy, etc. Anyway AAMI wrote the car off and paid the 18k out no worries, I was surprised but she told them she lost control on some loose stones (50km/h zone.) So surely yours will pay out for a fire?

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Will Have see what they say but it is looking good so far, i have just had a meeting with insurance fire investigator and he has narrowed the cause of the fire to being a rubber fuel line failure which caused fuel to dump all over the hot manifold.

My local hoden dealer who is looking for a VE SV6 for me says that they may see if they can initiate a factory recall for all ecotech motors to check out the rubber fuel line links.

Villan_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 02 V6
Well ive just had a call from the insurance accessor and have been advised they think the VY will be a write off but wont know for another week yet while they complete all the checks and reports for the damage and checking the work done by my local garage when its been serviced to make sure it wasnt caused by a mechanical fault.

If it was a mechanical fault i dont think they would cover you they would try everthing they can to get out of paying for it. Good luck with it and can only hope it happens to mine fast as the same car yard has a nice black S in with my name all over it. :yeah:

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have spoken to the the insurance company today and they have confirmed that my car is a write off with a market valuation of $15000 but im still waiting confirmation that my claim has been accepted so im still unable to go car shopping grrrrrrrr :bang:

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I have had a call today to advise that the insurance is going to pay out for the write off so that is the end of the VY. :cry:

As to what i will get to replace it im not too sure but it will probably be something cheap like a Honda Accord wagon or a Nissan wagon of some sort so I can build up my funds again to look at buying another commodore some time in the future when im in a betting financial position.

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I have signed papers for a 1999 Honda Accord Wagon SIR, 2.3 DOHC VTEC putting out 147kw at the flywheel from stock.

Hopefully in a year or so i will be in a better position to look at going back to a commodore again but for now i will have to be a Honda guy but i will continue to cruse the JC site and answer questions where i can.