Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good car to learn manual in

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
As title states.

I have learned to drive a manual car in the past, several years back, i was never great at it, but apparently good enough to get my licence on it. Been driving autos ever since and i want to get back into driving manuals, so i'm looking into getting a somewhat cheap manual so i can relearn how to drive it, wouldn't go over $10,000. What do you lot recommend for a good cheap manual car, fast or slow is fine, as long as its not an overly difficult car to drive.

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
just get a little corolla or something. pretty much all little small manuals are easy to drive as long as there's nothing wrong with them.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
did all my learning in a hyuandi excel, best little manual car ever.
can practically take off without the accelerator the clutch is that light.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
10 thou is a pretty decent budget for a cheap car, but basically anything small/gutless is going to have a pretty easy clutch. I'd say anything with 4 cylinders would be good. But whatever manual car you drive you'll have to get used to it, and the more difficult that one is the easier it'll be to just get into other ones and drive.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
^most cars i'm pretty sure you can take off without acceleration aslong as you do it slowly.

But i learnt in a Hyundai Excel aswell. Cheap, and easy as piss to sell.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i 3rd the hyundai excel i still have mine as my shitbox work car.. and mose of the time i dont even use the clutch haha its really easy to match revs on.
but yeah the clutch has alot of give on the grab point so pretty much impossible to stall/kangaroo unless your retarded 0.o

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
for 10k you could pick up an almost new getz but if you just wanna get ya practice back up buy a $500 swift/charade/excel etc.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
cheers all

$10k would be looking at something like an S13 turbo or a V8 manual commo, but that might be pushing given how rusty i'd be at driving manual. Might be best to get an elcheapo car, learn in it, then do it up with a tight budget, and then sell it off to fund a better car haha.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Anything with a tonne of torque will be easy. Little 4banga's love to stall.
10k eh?
Find yourself a really nice VN - VS SS :).

Clutch is easy as piss, buckloads of torque so you won't have to use 3million rpm to get off the line.