Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Quality Radiator

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I might. Because I've been having trouble for a few years where the temperature fluctuates it's never on the same position on the dial. I will drive then when I get to a set of lights or traffic it will creep up and hit 108 then the thermo fan kicks in then goes down. If I drive on a freeway it's a constant temperature but when I come to traffic again it goes up. I don't have any oil in the water

Sounds normal....Not sure about the temp side of things, but definately the temp creeping side of things

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Every car I have driven the gauge will stay in one position when driving I never see it creep up while at the lights then go down when driving.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Every car I have driven the gauge will stay in one position when driving I never see it creep up while at the lights then go down when driving.

Stopped, not much air flow...Driving the air flow increases....

The fans provide the air flow when stopped

Air flow helps cooling....

Ask yourself why the fans are fitted and why the computer is preset for them to come on at certain temps if the water temp doesn't change...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
For the live of me I can't get the temperature gauge to stick to one spot. I have tried filling it with a funnel it when the temperature gets hot it just bubbles and spits coolant everywhere. I don't get any bubbling when I start the engine and have the cap off. Something somewhere is not right and it's pissing me off
You using the red coolant?
Does vz have 2 fan relays? One comes on at 104 degrees c 2nd one comes on at 108 degrees c?
I saw you mention 108 c. Nothing came on at 104 c?

When filling with coolant are you turning on the heater to full high?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
You using the red coolant?
Does vz have 2 fan relays? One comes on at 104 degrees c 2nd one comes on at 108 degrees c?
I saw you mention 108 c. Nothing came on at 104 c?

When filling with coolant are you turning on the heater to full high?

The fan arrangement changed with the VX2. There are still two fans, but they are two-speed fans.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The fan arrangement changed with the VX2. There are still two fans, but they are two-speed fans.
The fans still come on at 104 single speed, & 2 speed comes on at 108.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
When the car is cold and I turn the aircon the passenger side never comes on. It comes on very rarely. But the bigger driver side fan always kicks in at 108c

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
When I drive with the aircon on the temperature stays down. It still does creep up but not as much as it does when the aircon. Is off