Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good street clutch

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Ok so i have ended up going with an RPM heavy duty as that is the only clutch kit available up here today. doesn't come with a slave cylinder so when its out if it looks like i need a new one i will order one in. i will change the thrust bearing though. hopefully not as it has to be done by tomorrow morning. i got the kit for $690 trade price, normally $900 so that's pretty good. im a bit skeptical what its performance will be like, however i will write back here once its done.

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Z-grip. I've used one on the street for years. If you can't handle it buy a ####ing Getz.

Congratulations mate you are the hardest bloke on this forum.

Got the car back this afternoon, new clutch feels good, a little bit heavier, really like the engagement now. Just need a few revs and can pretty much pull it straight out and away she goes. Pretty happy with the cost, ended up being 1100 installed which is $1000 bucks less than a textralia installed. from all reports ive read, with the power i have it should last for a long time, thanks for the advice fellas, Jacko

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
Z-grip. I've used one on the street for years. If you can't handle it buy a ####ing Getz.

Congratulations mate you are the hardest bloke on this forum.

pitty what he said he very true. cant handle a Z grip... may as well sell the car and buy a Getz.

also its not what rating power the clutch will hanlde that makes it last longer.... its the driver.....

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
pitty what he said he very true. cant handle a Z grip... may as well sell the car and buy a Getz.

also its not what rating power the clutch will hanlde that makes it last longer.... its the driver.....

Ok mate explain to me the point of paying an extra $1000 plus for a Z grip on a car that has minimal power and is used as a daily? And if I'm not mistaken when I was looking through the search menu for clutches I found a Post from you whinging about how rough the Z grip was? And now because textralia told you your not a man if you dont have a Z grip your running with it. What a load of pi55.
Anyway If it had more power I would get a Z grip for sure, but I don't.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Ok mate explain to me the point of paying an extra $1000 plus for a Z grip on a car that has minimal power and is used as a daily? And if I'm not mistaken when I was looking through the search menu for clutches I found a Post from you whinging about how rough the Z grip was? And now because textralia told you your not a man if you dont have a Z grip your running with it. What a load of pi55.

totally agree, not even mine with the cam needs the z grip, the x can handle it easily

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN

if you read that thread properly... you would of seen after some time of bedding in it smoothed out. i just opened my mouth to early and complained about the bedding in bit.
its perfect now.
you can run what ever clutch you like mate, in my mind the Z is the best. it realy teaches you how to drive a manual.

And now because textralia told you your not a man if you dont have a Z grip your running with it whats that meant to mean? i only once contacted Tex after i fitted the clutch and asked if it should shudder bad at start. he told me yes it is wil shudder, jsut gota give it alittle abuse to bed it in faster. he also told me X is for girls and Z for men LOL.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
i'd like to see how this RPM heavy duty (piss weak) clutch goes. i'd fry it in no time in my car. 1K more and you could have a clutch that will last alot longer in your car.