Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

got a gas problem help

S

SYM35

hey i got a gas convo and when i swith it from petrol to gas it just dies like soon as i press the button the just as no spark or something any help or ideas would help cheers

S

Statesman94

Switching from petrol to gas stops your injectors from pulsing = no fuel delivery. At the same time your gas lock of valves are energized allowing gas to pass through to your converter. My suggestion is to check the valves for power, but your description of the problem is pretty unclear, It could be anything. No gas, broken hose, loose hose, blown fuse, damaged wiring, faulty switch. The list goes on.

D

death-from-above

Make sure your engine is revving around 2000-2500 rpm when switching over, this will elimate any stalling due to fuel starvation.

S

SYM35

ok to sort of clear it up ........ the car is a vr s2 petty/gas
i will be sitting there with the car idleing and i press the button and it just cuts out (stalls) so i switch it back to petty everythings cool idleing swith to gas stalls (like 2 seconds after pressing the button) i check the fuses and the are all still good (D from A i might give your idea a go)
thanks for you help guys and more ideas??????????????

ps how do i check the vavles have power

tank is three quaters full

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
How much gas has it got in it?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
mate when you switch over make sure youve got your foot down a bit so its revving reasonably hard.
i never used to be able to switch over at idle either, infact i need to be doing about 70 to get it to spark (about 1700rpm or more).

so stick your foot down and get it around 2000 rpm and then switch it over. if you still haev no luck i would be going back to the lads who installed it and telling them their work isnt functioning properly.

D

death-from-above

Did you get a manual for the gas conversion? As mine states either have the car travelling about 60km/h or idling around 2000rpm. Do this and let us know the results. ALthough be careful when changing over whilst moving as if your engine cuts out you will loose steering and brakes to their full effect.

S

SYM35

death-from-above said:
Did you get a manual for the gas conversion? As mine states either have the car travelling about 60km/h or idling around 2000rpm. Do this and let us know the results. ALthough be careful when changing over whilst moving as if your engine cuts out you will loose steering and brakes to their full effect.
no i brought the car with the gas conversion in it all ready its got a book, but i dosnt really say much bout it. thanks for the help guys ........................OK i went for a drive had it at bout 2 and a half reves soon as i press gas revs droped to 0 :ranting:

Last edited by a moderator:

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Ok, I'm no gas expert but repaired a bit on my girlfriends car, sit in the drivers seat and turn the ignition to the on position with the engine not running, now switch it from petrol to gas while everything is quiet. You should hear two "clicks" one in your boot (maybe fold down rear seat to hear it better) and one under the bonnet (raise the bonnet). These are electric solinoids that let the gas flow to the converter. If they both dont click check out why, they should have a single wire running 12volts to them and earth to the body of the solinoid, chech the solinoid isnt loose creating a bad earth then check for 12volts with a multimeter or 12v test light. If there is no power with the ign on it could be a fault with the computer because i'd say thats where it would get it's power from, best left to the experts. If you have both power and earth run a multimeter set on ohms/resistance from the power side and the earth (with the solinoid disconnected). This checks to see there is a cicuit through it. If no cicuit replace the solinoid. Hope all that made sense, if not pm me!