Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a red 202 motor going into my baby next week!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Why would it not the block aint got nothing to do with the pollution side of it and thats they only thing they will can it for not the fact its a red engine. as long as the pollution crap is all hooked up they will pass it.

Nope. It all comes down to the number on the block.
Vic roads will go "oi this engine is from an older car." and then look up the pollution req's for the VB, after which they'll take one of those 3 foot poster protector tubes and ram it fair up your arse.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Nope. It all comes down to the number on the block.
Vic roads will go "oi this engine is from an older car." and then look up the pollution req's for the VB, after which they'll take one of those 3 foot poster protector tubes and ram it fair up your arse.

not hard to change the number from ya old block to new block is it ??

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
to the OP
not sure what the rules are in the other states, but yeah might have some problems getting a red motor registered in a VH...
but otherwise ignore the critics, I had a lot of fun with my old 202 powered VH, whilst it wouldn't exactly blow the doors off the newer stuff today, it certainly had more than enough power to get myself into trouble back then.

as for finding places to open it up.... I know I'm going to sound like a nagging parent, but don't stuff around on the street. There's too much to lose these days. You'll end up with your car impounded and your licence suspended. Take it to your local drag strip or race track. That way you can drive it flat out without having to worry about the law and/or other motorists.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
VK-Pauly
It would be worth a call to Vic Roads to check before you went to a lot of trouble. The blue 202 has a different head, porting and pollution gear. It will be good for 83KW @ 4000RPM but it still won't sound like a V8.