Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

got a VR V8 commodore 94 and she runs like a hairy dog once its warm

Devour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VR V8
my VR runs like a hairy dog once its warmed up it splutters, little backfires and when i put the foot down give it some gas, its as if its running on 7 cylinders, and it looses power when trying to gas it,..(BASTARD OF A THING)

ive replaced the: Injectors, leads, spark plugs, Dizzy/ and its at TDC, ignition module, ignition coil, alternator, throttle body and sensors/ i had to do this because i went to replace sensors and the bolt snaped..

Any ideas??

i also checked codes and it threw a 12 then a 15 then a 36

Cheers... P.S HELP MEEEE!!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Code 15 - ECT Sensor - Voltage Too High - Auto Transmission Only, Code 36 - Vacuum Leak,
Why are you starting new threads on your same problem this is the 3rd thread that I know of just keep it going in one thread so once you sort it out it also may help others. Also give some light on what you have already done to the engine so others can work out your problem in what you already done. List ever think you done and the parts used to share some light on your issue not just add the current issue its all connected.

I'm with EYY on this are the sensors genuine, Last time you had Code 16 - ECT Sensor - Voltage Unsteady now 15 its all connected to your temp sensor either bad or wiring issue. Your vacuum leak could be the result of backfiring, hose popped off .

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Maybe your timing still out after replacing distributor, put a timing light on it, maybe its better if you take it to a mechanic to have a dyno tune.

Devour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VR V8
yep i got the genuine one it cost me extra though, and i created another thread because i was getting no responses from any body..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have you fixed the other codes, 16, and no tacho signal?
Maybe if you start from the beginning then we can see the big picture, your like jumping from thread to thread with different stories and problems. Symptoms from the start to what work has been carried out and parts replaced and brand you used, stick with one thread and tick things of the list, you replaced dizzy didn't do it right eventually working it out, you had no tacho signal and intermitting signal from temperature sensor now temp high on transmission and a vacuum leak. Are you fixing the problems or just waiting for the next code to show.