Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got the Shakes ...

SeanS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Same thing happens to my 2008 Calais, once I get in the 90-110 range the vibration in the steering wheel is intense!

It wouldn't be because of "cheap wheels and tyres" as I have genuine HSV 20's and Pirellis on mine and it still vibrates and pulls as it did with the factory 17's.

Ever since I bought my car, it would always pull to the left. No matter how many times I had it balanced and aligned it would still pull. Even Holden told me there was nothing wrong with it....

Until I went to Peders and they said that it was a very common problem with VE's and that it would require a different....spacer I think?? (can't remember) in the suspension as the factory one did not allow for the camber in the roads, which resulted in the pulling to the left.....I would assume (with my car at least) that this is what is causing the shake. Of corse I am not certain as I haven't had the suspension corrected, so they could be two completely separate issues......but if your car is pulling then it might be a possibility?

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
car was pulling hard to the left .. my alignment sheet said +7.2 on the left .. WOW ...

my strut tops where collapsed and 1 was even split in 2 ... front left hand shock was totaled ..
that noise i heard he thinks it was the shock hitting the strut tower when the rubber split ..
just waiting for the spacers to arrive .. would have thought 2mm would of been such a big deal

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
thankyou for the conclusion to that story: "all fixed now and drives great" - great to hear !
Makes one wonder, but, how many mechanics you need to see before you find a competent one ...
A final question: the "hub locaters" you mention - were they part of the set up because you had non-VE rims ?

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
thankyou for the conclusion to that story: "all fixed now and drives great" - great to hear !
Makes one wonder, but, how many mechanics you need to see before you find a competent one ...
A final question: the "hub locaters" you mention - were they part of the set up because you had non-VE rims ?

yeah thats correct i have aftermarket wheels fitted ... just really annoyed that the place i bought them off didnt put the right spacers in ...