Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Government 'disappointed' with Holden boss' exit

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Seriously, it's a job. The government changed as well, I'm sure GM didn't have a cry about that.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
If that's so high on the governments agenda, then we're screwed.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The short term tenures of the Holden bosses since Hanenberger left is a concern. In recent years, we've seen Mooney, Rheuss (?) and this bloke come and go. There was a time when being appointed to the management of Holden was for a reasonable period but these days, it seems to be getting used as a stepping stone for eventual very senior GM appointments and not much else. Does this say something about the way the company's future is being seen in the US?

If Holden is serious about negotiating with the government for supplementary funding assistance and convincing the government and the Australian public that the company is here "for the long haul", I think it's quite understandable that the government would like to see a bit more stability in the company's senior management.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Almost like a numbering system.
Take a number and you will be selected.

Can i motion to be the next boss?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Media win, teacup broken by storm. I'd be slightly pissed too if a major and influential player left the table mid negotiation, government or not. Then you have a new nobby to get to to speed that won't have the same corporate knowledge.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Seriously, it's a job. The government changed as well, I'm sure GM didn't have a cry about that.

Actually they did have a cry because the LNP decided to not hand over cash left right and centre without getting something in return.

If that's so high on the governments agenda, then we're screwed.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

It would be high on the industry ministers agenda, it means job losses, revenue losses etc, how is that we are screwed to want to make sure a large business is looked after?

Media win, teacup broken by storm. I'd be slightly pissed too if a major and influential player left the table mid negotiation, government or not. Then you have a new nobby to get to to speed that won't have the same corporate knowledge.

Thats spot on, it makes doing anything that little bit more frustrating.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well in related news, Electrolux whitegoods plant is closed here in Orange in 2015-6, 550 local jobs gone.

Unless we want to go into a non-manufacturing-import-only economy we need to either

1. Figure out way for manufacturing workers to live on $5/hr (That's the going manufacturing wage in SE Asia apparently)
2. Reintroduce tariffs and give free trade the middle finger......