Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Graphics card fail?

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Hey guys, I turned on my laptop this morning, and the start up was screwed up. Like there were lines all through the screen and everything seems zoomed in.

All the pictures I look at at blue lines through them etc.. It's weird to just happen out of the blue, I was only using it two days ago and everything was fine. I ran windows repair and that did nothing, then i tried to rollback the driver in the device manager but that failed aswell.

I haven't updated the drivers or done any windows updates or anything like that. So like I said its weird to just happen out of the blue. I can still use the laptop as I am on it now but its really annoying.

Anyway thanks for reading, any suggestions? :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Try plugging it in to an external screen and see if you get the same issue.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Does the same result show up if you take a photo with the computer ? like a screen shot
If so its the Graphics Chip failing.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
I just did a screen shot, and yeah its the same result. Its weird though, last night after resetting it a few times (hoping to achieve something) it started to work properly again. But a few hours later it stuffed up again, as it is now.

I did a restore point while it wasn't working and that I thought had seemed to fix it. But like a said it stuffed up again.

I tried to go back to the same restore point today but that made no difference. So I am pretty confused.

Thanks for the suggestions btw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Try an external screen, that pretty much will tell you if its the graphics card. But I doubt it is. More chance of it being the cable from the card to the screen, or the screen itself. No use speculating about it. Chuck in an external monitor.

Speculation: But I'm going with, not the graphics card.