Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It's funny with cafe blinds, you never seem to have the correct post gap to fit the Bunnings or Mitre 10 ones.

Yeah went into Bunnings yesterday to look at the ones that have a crank winder to raise/lower ( they didn't have any and he checked other local stores = yeap/nah ).
Went home = more research the cord pull up/let down ones from Bunnings reviews= 40% = rubbish.
Found spotlight have some cord pull up/let down ones ( different brand ) and on sale so got a 2700 x2400 , a 900 x2400 , a 150 x 2400 end extension and a 120 x 2400 joiner for 5 bucks more than Bunnings wanted for just their 2700 x 2400 blind.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I only see 2,000.....and decent fuel use.

I don't know why but doesn't show 6 figures like later models .
When click another mode that R/H screen shows DIS TRAV and 2 digits so when it passes 99 it goes back to 00 and in this case odometer will go to 2001.
IF this wasn't the case and was only 2000kms it would now read 2025kms but it's still showing 2000
The fuel use is a lie !!!! ( not right )
Back when it was still a daily had fuel pump issues , went to auto electrician = wiring short and then to an instrument place to have the center LCD replaced .
They somehow recalibrated the reading thinking fuel useage was out not thinking to ask is this tuned / modified/cammed.
Mechanic thought he could undo with the scanner/tech but no luck.
I haven't bothered to try and get fixed and fuel gauge is actuate.
Going off before this happened should be around 15l per 100 , would show about 10l per 100 on the open road , even if giving it a little bit.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Maloo's going to have a heart attack = used two Sundays in a row !!!
Used to go to lunch and then get some clear bistro style blinds for one end of my deck.
And it'll get used again in the next couple of weeks to get some angle so I can create some structure for the blinds to attach to.

Well I missed this last Sunday and only noticed when I was getting it out today.

It's in the 200,000 km club now !!!! Only taken 26 years 4.5 months.

Well having seen a few adds/photos= I'm missing 2 complete digits between my last and the KMs in the display.
It's still passed 200k KMs .
The plastics is crap in the dash/console/display .
I do have 6 to 8 complete V6 level 3 dash consoles= whether I can swap all V8 HSV stuff into a good V6 plastic case = essentially= well time will tell( if I get my finger out ).
If that's not bad news enough !!!!

So the to the good and bad news .
Good = used on Sunday = out to lunch and will continue to use !!!

Bad !!!!!
Have never done a compression test before .( got a tester kit after seeing on/in the garage post ).
Being male = very little research and just did .
= the missus was a good sport = cold test on Saturday and then did research and after run out to lunch and back on Sunday= hot test.
Results= it's one tired engine= 125 psi to 130psi !!!!!! = hot test.
# 1 read 110 cold and 125 hot so threw oil in = 150 =rings
OH, No wonder one of the 185i badges has gone MIA

So figure my plans of getting and shaveing heads and modding Starr is a waste and should just use and where out and build my 355 down the track

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also = dam corrosion under paint= outer front corner of drivers fuel rail cover.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fxxk me !!!!
That"s not quite stock.
But That's one Fxxkin mint VSiii Maloo !!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fxxk me !!!!
That"s not quite stock.
But That's one Fxxkin mint VSiii Maloo !!!!

That VS is killer.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't got angles/structure for bistro blinds yet, ( yeah slake ).
Why NSW car prices are dearer = checks every year !!!
Paid for green slip at the beginning of the week.
Yesterday wash and vacuum= down for a pink slip= passed= it lives for another year= ( well when I pay the RMS ) !!!
In the next couple of weeks = runs out on the 29th.
After the pink slip went down and got the next homebrew supply/ingredients/kit.
Wasn't going to = ( use today that is ) BUT craft brewery on the way to my missus is closed tomorrow= when I'm going to her place )!!!!
Soo !!!! 2 days in a row !
One of the 3 beers I picked up .

Also you might notice from photos = no yellow kayak above the Maloo.
Not last Sunday but the one before ,after spending a bit over a week at my missus=(her 6th operation this year) , ( at least at this time we seem to have turned that corner for the good )!!!

OH there's a yellow angle hanging in the carport !!
YES it came down on the Maloo ( Strap and rope broke ) !!!
Somehow metal bar must have missed = can't see any damage at all= how lucky!!!!

It's also parked at a slight angle = so I can get in drivers door , ( figured this is better than climbing over from passengers side and risking damage.
Means I need to be more careful with parking the Focus and will need to move it or observably the FOCUS to get lawn mower ETC out!!!
A couple of very ordinary Photos.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well !! 16 weeks since last post = just over 15 weeks since last used.
Payed the RMS about a 1 1/2 weeks before 3 months ran out.
Wouldn't say I've been living on fumes = but been waiting on setups to come into place .

Was going to use a couple of weeks ago but not the best weather forecast= high chance of hail = yeah I'm not leaving parked in the missus driveway!!!

SO finally= Shannons will say 5 days use = but technically , late Easter Sunday arvo up to the missus place and then back in carport by about 3.30 pm this arvo = in hours terms = 4 days !!.

Yes = it lived outdoors!
Yes = it got rained on , and driven in the rain !
Yes = it got used as a ute = tools in the tray and a Bunnings run on Easter Monday = stuff for a small project the missus wanted ( not finished yet ) in her backyard not far from the backdoor= yes , digging and paving.

Yeah NO photos .
This has been the most consecutive # of days it's been used since late 2018 when it became a non daily.
Also before heading home from the missus place today = up to Hope Estate ( lower Hunter ) , pick out my custom Bi yearly Gold member beer case.
Nothing stupid , just cruising = give a little blat = soo raw compared to the Focus= why soo enjoyable!!!!

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used it yesterday= go and have a catch up with a few ex workmates.

I need to look out for reasonable priced genuine front bumper == ( yeah I know there's no such thing anymore ).

It was brought home on the trip home when a suicidal L plate rider pulled out in front of me .
Recon he thinks I was speeding , but if I was or he'd been a couple of seconds later = he'd have been a VS Maloo bonnet ornament!!!!!.