Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Loving the consistent updates (even if I don't check regularly)
Not that I want the extra expense but now with the starr manifold, would not totally argue with doing some heads = a little more compression , maybe even do something really stupid and a different cam.
Don't know if 250/260 rwhp is realistically achievable, but would be nice. Ahh = dreams, = well until common sense and no money kicks in, ( but who needs them).
250/260 rwhp is not unreasonable with your manifold. A good 304 should acheive that.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Aim for torque...as long as it's reliable & sounds great don't worry about numbers.

Some of the best/fun street cars I've built had 'low' dyno numbers yet the most enjoyable.

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
hi mate
just curious, are the engine bay stickers HSV stamped? - ignition timing on strut tower and tyre size place card
any pictures

Nice Maloo, love the build
thanks

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Loving the consistent updates (even if I don't check regularly)

250/260 rwhp is not unreasonable with your manifold. A good 304 should acheive that.

Thanks, yeah don't know whether anything engine wise will happen in the short term.
Definitely if zero deck the block or/ stroke will be a different block so can have originally/ freahened up matching #, engine wise.

Aim for torque...as long as it's reliable & sounds great don't worry about numbers.

Some of the best/fun street cars I've built had 'low' dyno numbers yet the most enjoyable.
Definitely . Would love to get to rev a bit more, but am a great fan of heaps of low down torque .

hi mate
just curious, are the engine bay stickers HSV stamped? - ignition timing on strut tower and tyre size place card
any pictures

Nice Maloo, love the build
thanks

Thanks.

If you mean the 185 badges, no .

On the strut tower there's an airbag one and I think emissions.
There is a HSV one on the radiator support rail along with a tyre placard and coolant warning.
I can take a photo tomorrow .
It's sort of out (mostly under the carport) ready for an even earlier start tomorrow ( leave at 4 am ,, using tomorrow as I'm picking up staino flat bar and timber for my railing of my deck.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Thanks, yeah don't know whether anything engine wise will happen in the short term.
Definitely if zero deck the block or/ stroke will be a different block so can have originally/ freahened up matching #, engine wise.

Definitely . Would love to get to rev a bit more, but am a great fan of heaps of low down torque .
More compression, more valve lift, and a small duration increase. Extra cubes optional.
That should lift low end torque drastically

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
More compression, more valve lift, and a small duration increase. Extra cubes optional.
That should lift low end torque drastically

Thanks, yeah, absolutely no idea which/ what way , if any I'm going, except a waist to just get retuned with the starr manifold.
This is mainly because my future employment in 8 or so months is up in the air, not to mention too many other things to spend money on.

Would definitely love to at least get more heads , work them ( whether I'd Deck them to the max is a mute point atm ) , tie bar roller lifters , different cam , then the manifold , and stall.

Can't believe with all my willingness to do bolt on mods , I'm not so willing to do a manual conversion ( t56 would be outstanding ).

Anyway being used as they should and a long day today ( up at 3.30 am ) , ( a stinker of a day),grinding aircraft cancer in the morning , pick up staino flat bar and then timber, back home , cut and fix mounting blocks for railing posts.

Then down to the lake foreshore to see a great band , beautiful evening, and a few beverages .

Here are the photos of the placards in the engine bay.

Using it today , just cruising to work and errands ( absolutely loved it) , (effortless torque ), people look, people comment, not that it's the reason for using or owning ( but still feels great) !!!!

https://i.imgur.com/CQ5Lszj.jpg[/img]']

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry , not really ute related except it was used to pick up materials, that and so many of my photos include the back of the house /deck.
Soo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So , some of the materials fitted to under the deck= very happy how it's going. and a before anything happened photo.

https://i.imgur.com/kRjXbrb.jpg[/img]']

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
All ready ( hopefully) , for a run down to sydney tomorrow , well more like richmond/ winsder area .
Go have a look at some Holdens at the NSW All Holden Day.
Was puting more grease on the brake caliper slide pins but for the life of me I couldn't get the drivers front wheel off , Dam mechanics/ tyres and their rattle guns.

Hope I don't get a right front flat.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Have fun pics needed.
Good luck with wheel.
Ute looking good

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Holden Day is not a bad day out..usually got lots of people & plenty to see.

Parking outside was a mongrel unless you're in a car club then just cruise on in...Monaro & Torana Clubs were biggest displays last 2 times I went.