Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gregory's manual? Crap?..i dont know

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
looks like my post was edited to have the account i said changed to # sigh

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I find the book very helpful as me and my missus have commodores and if there is ever a problem I normally consult the gregorys, or bible as I call it, before trying to get outside help. I've never needed error codes though.

Likening Gregorys manuals to a bible is quite fitting. Both are fictitious documents. Their best use is for starting open fires.

Reaper

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Gregorys manuals have always been good for me. The problem with the VT - VX is they did the VT manual and then just added on info to suit the VX so while they are similar some things are overlooked.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Like Reaper said, the only worthwhile manual is the factory CD. You only have to see the size of the CD files and the number of pages for each section on it to realise that a manual printed to cover four different, though similar, models, in about 400 pages, won't go anywhere near the coverage or accuracy of the factory manual.

I bought the Ellery manual a few years back which covers VT-VY, plus Pontiac GTO. I keep it close at hand in case I ever run out of Sorbent.

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
I have a haynes manual for the VT-VX or some ****.

I own a VT. It's kinda useful for like "point you in the right direction" style advice.

Don't expect the manual to be entirely correct, or even very easy to read, understand or navigate. But it WILL offer advice and tips and maybe some stuff you might have forgotten/missed had you have gone it alone.

I have a cousin mechanic who is my real port of call if something really shits itself. Besides, I'm driving a 3.8L 240,000KM V6 ecotec. What more damage could I really do to it? :p