Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grennan's G8 SSV Sportswagon!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Jeezus mate the exhaust sound fantastic, wheels look good too.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I like...

Yes

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Sick.

Look 'baller

I would also officially like to thank you for doing all my offset research for me...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Sick.

Look 'baller

I would also officially like to thank you for doing all my offset research for me...

^_^ See my potatokito spam is useful. Ill have to update you on tyres.

I spent a good hour with Jarrad last night and hes really helpful and would 10/10 commend him for his service. He also showed me how they do the roll and they actually cut away at the bumper bracket so they can flatten that area as much as possible.
We measured the front and a +27 with the 8.5 would be probably as far as you would want to push it before it really started to poke out from the guard.

Im starting to wonder if the HSV setup is different to the Holden, because a 10" +35 fits on the HSV flush. But as you can see from my photo, it would poke a good 8mm from the guard.

Now Im just waiting for my coilovers to arrive. Still waiting on them. Also waiting on Ryder to paint my old wheels so I can sell them and get some monies.

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Wheels look great!

Not sure what you mean by the difference in HSV to Holden. I assume you mean the guards but you'll stretch/pump your guards 8mm when they get rolled.

Interested to see how close you are to the bumper bracket with rubber however and if you need to mod it, pics of what needs to be done

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Wagon sounds Great gren! will definitely be hitting up NAAF for an exhaust system when the calais is ready :)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Wheels look great!

Not sure what you mean by the difference in HSV to Holden. I assume you mean the guards but you'll stretch/pump your guards 8mm when they get rolled.

Interested to see how close you are to the bumper bracket with rubber however and if you need to mod it, pics of what needs to be done

Well Im not sure if perhaps the HSV guard is a tiny bit more flared, if perhaps the brake setup adjusts the shock location or something crazy. 8mm sounds like #### all. But I think it would be to much to push with a simple roll on the front looking at those above measurements. Remember, that was taken at the RIM not the tyre so there is a litle more room there but not a great deal.

I think with a +30 and a 245 on the front, that will allow me to lower the car to a fairly decent height as well as acheive that flush look. Ill get them on and I can always tweak it a little. The fronts already look like they have camber dialed in so I can reduce that a little to push the tyre out etc. He also gave me the option of custom made spacers. So if down the track its not enough, I can add exactly what I want with spacers and some longer studs.

Rear guard, so youd know, when you roll around the bumper bracket it doesnt allow the lip around it to be rolled flat. It has kind of a ramp up to and after the screw. They cut the lip a little so they can flatten all the way up to the bolt.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Rear guard, so youd know, when you roll around the bumper bracket it doesnt allow the lip around it to be rolled flat. It has kind of a ramp up to and after the screw. They cut the lip a little so they can flatten all the way up to the bolt.

Interesting, mine was never cut and I haven't noticed TBH but mine are rolled and never had an issue. I know lots trim the bumper bracket back and move the screw backwards to gain clearance but I think it a big tyre thing (like 295s with low offsets)