Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grr @ my commo

T

tm659

thats it, my long term project has failed me....

a loooong time ago i had bought a '85 VK pretty cheap and been slowly doing it up, FINALLY got it together enough to take it for a quick burl around the block... wasnt that fun

first things first... turned the wheels to pull outta my drive & blew the return power steering hose of the pump, 2nd, couldnt find drive on the auto, all the other gears were there but it just wouldnt select drive, next, this is a worked 3.3 black with efi head (adjusted) with varijet II carb, heh, for an engine & box that was swapped from a mean machine with hell amounts of grunt she seems a bit of a dog, foot flat to the floor & i was lucky to pull 30 up the road, besides all that the b***h kept stallen on me, out with the timing gun, dwell, tacho & done some fine tuning, checked everything over 101 million time & took her for another burl, heh that was even worse..... so basically, if anyone can tell me why the car would have died like this please do so, coz its sitten here tempting me to take it to the crushers...

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
could be any number of things really is it the same carbie as previously used?
The carbi might not be adjusted properly.

Next what ignition are you running?

give us some more info about the engine

cheers
Scott