Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H7 Low Bean HID Kit road legal?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I have these lights in 6000k in my projector lights and there the best lights I have ever used, much better then the Phillips.

People don't set them up correctly and that's why every Tom dick and Harry complains they get blinded.

Set them lower to face the road and you won't have to blind anyone.

Problem solved :)

I've had them for 3 years and had no problems. But make sure if you have projector and I wouldn't bother to out these in reflector lights

Bit of a n00b here man so how exactly would I aim them down? I assume the socket holding the globe is movable..?

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
There's a adjustment screw man on the headlight. It's directly behind the headlight in the middle of the dust cover caps on the back of the headlight.

You can turn it with a screw driver or socket clock wise or anti clock wise. This is make the light beam either higher or lower

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
There's a adjustment screw man on the headlight. It's directly behind the headlight in the middle of the dust cover caps on the back of the headlight.

You can turn it with a screw driver or socket clock wise or anti clock wise. This is make the light beam either higher or lower

Wow that is helpful! I admire your fast reply to! Thank you for that so I asume they come straight in the box just aim them down a tad or a alot..?

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Do you have reflector lights man or projector ?

As you need to install the hids then you start adjusting. They should be around bumper height lf there's a car/wall in front of you within 3-5 meters.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Do you have reflector lights man or projector ?

As you need to install the hids then you start adjusting. They should be around bumper height lf there's a car/wall in front of you within 3-5 meters.

Ahh I remember having a talk with guys at worj about this, Projector Lights Im sure

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Couldnt agree more with the last comment.
Phillips xtreme vision in the projector housing is more then bright enough.
It also keeps the correct lighting angle and isnt illegal.
I dont care how wrongly you adjust your lights to be pointing down, when your at the crest of a road your going to be blinding on comming traffic.

I would be curious to see lux readings at 1 meter of these hids compard to the phillips xtreme vision.
They are a crisper light that gives the illusion of been much brighter but I dont think they are.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
They look great in my opinion, they are illegal but if they aren't pointed at the sky you should be fine, mine are on a black SS so pm if you want a picture of what they look like.

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
i have 6000k 35W HID kit

best thing i ever got for the car, see further and clearer since i live in the sticks

HIDs are illegal if you DONT have projector lenses, headlight washers and auto levelling (apparently) had mine in nearly a year and no hassles (touch wood)