Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hallowe'en - what do you think?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
We use Xmas time to celebrate being alive and having a family, we eat, play games, talk to we are dead tired, eat some more and have the odd drink. Pressies are just fun for the kids.

Hollow ween is a chance for the kids to be creative - get dressed up and eat lollies - thats all

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
bring back cracker night imo

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I never realised just how bitter and twisted some people are :doh:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'm looking forward to xmas this year. Roast chicken, roast pork and turkey, roast vegies, cranberry sauce for the turkey, fresh bread, a few bourbons in the warmth of summer with all my cousins and relo's. That's what i'm looking forward to. We do the immediate family breakfast (myself, my sister, dad and mum), then mum's side for lunch, then dad's side for dinner, then home to pass out with an overly full stomach. Then i get a relax day boxing day, then head up into the Victorian high country for a week and a half of 4WD'ing, moties, river swimming and camping.

**** i love xmas and NYE for those two reasons, and those two reasons ONLY.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I never realised just how bitter and twisted some people are :doh:

I am not bitter and twisted, I just don't want to be a hypocrite and buy presents on a certain day to acknowledge the birth of Christ something I do not believe in.

I certainly do buy presents for birthdays and for no particular reason at all quite often for family and friends.. I will be out and about and see something I know a person would like and buy it for them.

While my kids were growing up I threw myself into the Christmas spirit with gusto, for their sake and everyone around me. However deep down I have always felt like a hypocrite and certainly many years ago when the kids were young and we struggled financially it was a hard time of the year having to scrimp and save to buy gifts rather than look like a tight so and so on the day turning up empty handed. No one in my family is religious, so why celebrate the day? I discussed this with my Mother and turns out she felt the same way, as did my brother and sister. Funny hey? All those years we all pretended. So now the season is far more relaxed for all of us, we don't feel pressured to purchase endless gifts for each other. We all simply turn up for a nice big lunch, followed by a swim in the pool if the weather is warm.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I am not bitter and twisted, I just don't want to be a hypocrite and buy presents on a certain day to acknowledge the birth of Christ something I do not believe in.

I certainly do buy presents for birthdays and for no particular reason at all quite often for family and friends.. I will be out and about and see something I know a person would like and buy it for them.

While my kids were growing up I threw myself into the Christmas spirit with gusto, for their sake and everyone around me. However deep down I have always felt like a hypocrite and certainly many years ago when the kids were young and we struggled financially it was a hard time of the year having to scrimp and save to buy gifts rather than look like a tight so and so on the day turning up empty handed. No one in my family is religious, so why celebrate the day? I discussed this with my Mother and turns out she felt the same way, as did my brother and sister. Funny hey? All those years we all pretended. So now the season is far more relaxed for all of us, we don't feel pressured to purchase endless gifts for each other. We all simply turn up for a nice big lunch, followed by a swim in the pool if the weather is warm.

Exactly ^^^^ Hence why i always call it "xmas". I am not religious, i am not even Athiest. I am 100% neutral on religion. We just use it as an excuse for an extra get together and to eat heaps and catch up. We don't do presents like you and many others. Birthday's are the only time we do presents and even then it's only simple.

My family finds things like paying off a house, keeping a car maintained, keeping the bills payed and the fridge and pantry full etc more important than splurging hundreds on presents that will more than likely sit and gather dust anyway.

But when my partner and i have kids, admittedly, we will do the whole xmas santa thing for their enjoyment, for kids, it adds to the excitement, they will grow out of it and figure it's all a sham and fake as they grow older, just like i did, just like my sister did, all my mates and relatives did too.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, '23 hilux SR5, E3 senator, 85 VK LS1
As i said before, it's all about the kids for us. I don't buy my wife anything, i tell her if she wants something go buy it herself because what i get will be wrong anyway :p

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yep, and vouchers just look like you didn't even try LOL. I'd prefer good company, good food and a few drinks on a hot xmas day. That's what i look forward to. It's better than carting a truckload of chocolate and material bullshit home that's gonna take up space anyway.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hahaha definantly, but we do that alot during the year, just on xmas, we add a turkey, a chicken and some roast pork. Oh and a few char grilled king prawns straight off the fire :yeah: