Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Handbrake Adjustment VZ Commodore

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sometimes the star-wheel locks. Which means you have to take the rotor off, and loosen off the starwheel properly.

JohannesM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2004 Station Wagon 6Cyl Ecotech Luminaire
Are there any video on the procedure of replacing the REAR brake pads and handbrake pads on the Holden VZ 2004 wagon. Thank You or even any DIY examples of a work shop manual with pictures.

darky82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1 5.7L
I'm trying to do my VX that has a VZ rear end it and these adjustment cogs dont do anything when turned.
I pulled the handbrake shoe off and both ends out and there isn't even a thrad in there.
The cog side is solid inside it and the other side is hollow with a pin inside it.
WTF is going on here

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Just to help anyone else who stumbles on this.... (darky82 Picture 1 above) The adjuster is two parts. The end screws into the adjuster. By screwing out of the adjuster this is what helps spread the brake shoes.

However they often seize up. Soak in penetrating oil, use some vice grips to separate them. Give them a good clean and refit.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.