Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard to start - Leaky Injector(s)?

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Just in case anyone was interested...

I did manage to source another fuel reg and it didn’t solve the problem. I also replaced the coil packs and the engine ran better but it didn’t help with the starting issue. I was going to replace the dfi module however the one I ordered from Sparesbox caused the engine to have a nasty misfire so I put the original back in.

I ended up replacing the fuel injectors since I already had them and gave the throttle body and plenum a good clean.

It now starts first time, 90% of the time, and seems to run better than it has in a long time.

I had similar problem with mine. When stopped for more than an hour, it was hard to start unless you primed it 3 or 4 times. The pressure regulator had been replaced 3 years ago by dealer workshop. I suspected the fuel pump check valve and put a non-return valve in where the fuel filter goes. That made quite a difference, however if standing 24 hours, it is still hard to start, so I suppose I have a leaky injector.
I compare it with my mum's low-mileage VS [only used once a week] and that starts instantly after 7 days!