Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

harmonic balencer bolt

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
19mm impact socket be the best beat, 6 side as it wont strip the bolt rounding of the hex shape, if its a small play like 0.4 just shim the hex by wrapping over 2 sides with a thin strip of coke can and tap on the 19mm socket.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The best thing about those 6 point sockets is they grip on the flat sides of the bolt not the corners like a 12 point. So being a tiny bit loose won't be a problem, it won't round off the corners of the bolt. That's why Black impact sockets are almost always 6 point.
Yep, I’d buy a new bolt from Holden and a 6 sided impact socket to match it. Crap sockets, even 6 sided ones simple aren’t worth the trouble...

The rest then naturally sorts itself out ;)

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
yer the socket is 6 sides not 8 looks like the coke idea might work

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I wouldn't use one of those to undo a push bike seat bolt
I don't think it will even be able to get in the tight spot on the bike seat, lol, never used one myself just thought what else would go on a 18.5mm bolt.. Lol, not a shifter or pipe wrench for a job like that. Be interesting if it works.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't think it will even be able to get in the tight spot on the bike seat, lol, never used one myself just thought what else would go on a 18.5mm bolt.. Lol, not a shifter or pipe wrench for a job like that. Be interesting if it works.

Why post something useless up then? Seriously, it just seems like you post things, just to show you are a google expert...