Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Captain Redbeard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F2 Clubsport SV Black
Gday all

First post but have been creeping the hallways for a while now. I’ve found a lot of info on here really helpful when building knowledge on mods, so thanks to everyone who adds to these threads.

I have a Harrop H02 cam (224/232 .610 114) in my Gen F2 Clubsport SV black (LS3).

Great to drive, makes good power etc but thinking of changing my exhaust for a different sound. Has a 3 inch hurricane at the moment. Have also had a 3 inch DPE/manta pro on there previously-sounded good and deep but didn't love how it made the cam sound when idling.

Always liked the sound of the Harrop exhausts on the videos but haven’t heard one in real life. Was talked out of the Harrop exhaust originally as the tuner said they had experienced some quality issues when fitting them. Wondering if anyone in the Sydney(ish) area has the same or a similar cam with a Harrop exhaust who would be willing to meet up to have a listen before I spend (more) money.

And hey, if anyone wants to buy a barely used full 3 inch DPE exhaust with 4-1 headers let me know!

Cheers

Troy.d

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 r8
Have you got sound clips of the cam idle sound with the manta on it by any chance mate?

Captain Redbeard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got sound clips of the cam idle sound with the manta on it by any chance
Hi mate, not the best quality but here are a couple of quick ones that I recorded on my phone

Troy.d

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 r8
Sounds mint, what’re you asking for the exhaust?

Captain Redbeard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds mint, what’re you asking for the exhaust?
Tried to PM you but couldn't work out how. They are 5.5k new with the ceramic coated headers and this ones pretty new so I might list it for 3.5k and see how it goes. Waiting to see if hurricane can fix the one they put on first (rattles in the muffler and fitment issues) to make sure I don't want the Manta one back on the car.

Troy.d

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 r8
Tried to PM you but couldn't work out how. They are 5.5k new with the ceramic coated headers and this ones pretty new so I might list it for 3.5k and see how it goes. Waiting to see if hurricane can fix the one they put on first (rattles in the muffler and fitment issues) to make sure I don't want the Manta one back on the car.
Ok no worries, if it’s the bimodal version I’m interested if you decide to sell