Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone got the 7" ve dash facia with A/C controls?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Does the new unit not have bluetooth built in?

D1 and D7 are your bluetooth module outputs(located behind glovebox) and this is what your system should be amplifying. If everything appears to be working, your caller can hear you but you can't hear your called, then this will be the problem, your new unit has no input for them.... and they rarely do. I don't believe these two wires are strong enough to drive a speaker directly. They maybe need to be fed into a seperate 2-3W amplifier and then into a standalone speaker under your dash. But your only volume control for the voice will be your phones volume. Not the steering wheel.
1 Watt Audio Amplifier Module Kit - Jaycar Electronics
Universal Amp 3.5W Module M031 - 1 Channel - Jaycar Electronics
Universal Amp 12W Module M032 - 1 Channel - Jaycar Electronics
76804-connecting-amp-ve-original-radio-ve-quad-lock.jpg

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Interesting info there Tas. 2:30am and I've already learned my one thing for today. Yeah! I knew there's the separate module for the phone, but assumed it just sent digital signals, but that the headunit ran it all. Sort of like an add on card on a PC.

As for my system with that fascia, I'm using a Pioneer unit that has bluetooth built in. So it has nothing to do with the fascia at all. But I do have a mic now sitting on my steering column as that seemed acceptable to me rather than stuff about trying to wire in the factory mic.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Interesting I would like to know more about the steering controls, I have alpine w910r. Can I connect that straight up with factory wiring with out no harness module thing. Im pretty sure I have a wire coming out of the head unit

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Interesting I would like to know more about the steering controls, I have alpine w910r. Can I connect that straight up with factory wiring with out no harness module thing. Im pretty sure I have a wire coming out of the head unit

No can do without an interface.