Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone heard of this before

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
just searched again, couldnt find this topic anywhere, dunno maybe im not type something in properly, just wish that when you ask a question ( even after ive stated that ive searched and couldnt find anything) people wouldnt get hasty in their reply's.. i dont understand the need to put other people down about something, their just another fellow motoring enthusiast, trying to get some helpful info...

People who've been around for a while just get sick of answering the same question 10 times over. The search isn't best, but Google does a fair job. The "check if already posted" button is useful too.

Most people start off being very helpful, but the unlucky 100th customer who asks something that's been explained that many times before will cop a bit of flak. It's just how it is.

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
yeh you gotto pull the shifter off and get a grinder onto it, just grind off the step bit for 2nd gear and put it all back together, ive seen a few people do it

do you mean grinder as in operating an angle grinder/or similar whilst inside my vehicle...can it be filed or something else..i'd hate to mess up with a grinder while sitting in the passenger seat!!!

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
People who've been around for a while just get sick of answering the same question 10 times over. The search isn't best, but Google does a fair job. The "check if already posted" button is useful too.

Most people start off being very helpful, but the unlucky 100th customer who asks something that's been explained that many times before will cop a bit of flak. It's just how it is.

the search function is crap!! you type in what your searching and it will generally give you about 1000 posts where the word I, or you, or holden has been used in the thread..

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
The guy i bought my Vn Calais from had done this and forgot to mention it to me, I didn't see the point but thats just me..

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
the search function is crap!! you type in what your searching and it will generally give you about 1000 posts where the word I, or you, or holden has been used in the thread..

yeh angle grinder, there was a bid write up in a car magazine a couple years ago and thats how they did it, but you could just do it with a file if ya want, will take a while tho

friedchicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
do you mean grinder as in operating an angle grinder/or similar whilst inside my vehicle...can it be filed or something else..i'd hate to mess up with a grinder while sitting in the passenger seat!!!

I tried with a file and gave up after about 10 minutes, went down to bunnings and picked up a dremel... Im not sure i'd use an angle grinder either, but the dremel works well.

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
mines like that but i dont have troubles
when im just cruzin i put the lever down and when i wanna do something stupid i pull it up and there ya go

and awesome for your auto by the sounds of it!
i know people that take the springs out of the auto shifter so you dont need to hold it up. quite silly really considering its not hard to knock them from D to R..