Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone installed stanceparts air cups on their car?

e3hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Hsv Clubsport R8
Hey how's it going. I was just wondering if anyone has installed stanceparts air cups on their car and if so what problems they had etc as I want to install them on my E3 hsv. Only just found out they where a thing but damn do they look great.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I want to install them on my E3 hsv. Only just found out they where a thing but damn do they look great.
As a disclaimer, never heard of them so obviously don’t have them installed but I gotta comment.

The stanceparts air cups seem to have more limitations that a full air suspension system which can automatically adjust for different loads to keep the car level and can be set at different ride heights for different driving situations.

It seems those air cups have the primary and singular purpose of lifting the car 30-50mm temporarily so you can drive over speed humps…

So the question becomes what problem are you trying to solve and what features are you wanting?

Also gotta say that the manufacturer has so much faith in their quality that they only warrant the cups for 2 years while the other gear is covered for even less at just 1 year. Hardly a great endorsement of quality in my view :oops: Maybe that’s common for after market suspension but it would hardly be reassuring for me :rolleyes:

As for looking great, they can’t be seen when installed :p

e3hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Hsv Clubsport R8
As a disclaimer, never heard of them so obviously don’t have them installed but I gotta comment.

The stanceparts air cups seem to have more limitations that a full air suspension system which can automatically adjust for different loads to keep the car level and can be set at different ride heights for different driving situations.

It seems those air cups have the primary and singular purpose of lifting the car 30-50mm temporarily so you can drive over speed humps…

So the question becomes what problem are you trying to solve and what features are you wanting?

Also gotta say that the manufacturer has so much faith in their quality that they only warrant the cups for 2 years while the other gear is covered for even less at just 1 year. Hardly a great endorsement of quality in my view :oops: Maybe that’s common for after market suspension but it would hardly be reassuring for me :rolleyes:

As for looking great, they can’t be seen when installed :p
Hey mate,
Yeah I'm going to install aftermarket coil overs and only really want to lift the car a little bit just to get over speed humps and up the driveway without scraping. As I understand when they are aired out you just sit on the coilover so even if you puncture a cup you can still drive the car. As far as I can tell you get the best of both worlds with them. Also when I said they look great I just meant that they look like a good product