Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone replaced there blaupunkt with something else... im thinking about it.

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
i replaced mine with a pioneer single DIN with the pouch underneath, just with the fascia (as sweefu said) get one the same colour as the rest of your inserts, as both black and grey are available, all up including the fascia cost me $450 installed

Attachments

• P03-04-09_13.13.jpg
    P03-04-09_13.13.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
yeh Id love to see anyones double din units in, im thinking of changing mine over too.

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
just took a couple of snaps, hard to see in the day and the car is verrrrrry dirty.
gives you an idea though, this is just in an elcheapo exec.

Attachments

• 20100707_003.jpg
    20100707_003.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 20100707_005.jpg
    20100707_005.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 20100707_007.jpg
    20100707_007.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 326

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
Nice....Love the Carl Baron, funny as

Stooie.

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
Nice....Love the Carl Baron, funny as

Stooie.

yeah its great but it can create awkward moments when your at a set of lights and laughing your head off and people look and see your the only person in the car...

MRSHL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Alloytec 175 wagon
looks good harrison, thats the look i want to go for. something that doesnt look entirely out of place. does is work with the steering wheel controls as i dont want to lose them. howd you ground out the park brake wire? would love to have that added bonus of being able to watch dvds while driving, well not me but the mrs and kids?

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
hey mate ive replaced with a JVC ddin player, i grounded out the park brake wire so it plays DVDs while i drive, whereas normally only supposed to play when your parked.. so theres a tip for you if you go that way, but be aware it is illegal...

i have a couple pics but theyre too big to post here and cbf making them smaller so if you wanna see em just swing me a pm with your email and ill send em over, i installed it myself too it was really easy to do so if you want any help/tips on that im happy to guide you where i can.

you can help me install mine soon, got subs coming. just need a DVD, speakers, amp and im ready for the big install.

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
you can help me install mine soon, got subs coming. just need a DVD, speakers, amp and im ready for the big install.

yeah man sure thing, when your looking at headunits ask about wiring harnesses (dunno if you know about them but means no cutting factory harness) makes it easy if when you sell it you wanna keep the dvd and sell stocko, and saves ****ing around trying to join wires and ****. ive only done my headunit, but i've done the sub/speaker setups in other cars so would be happy to give you a hand. have you done an install before?

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
looks good harrison, thats the look i want to go for. something that doesnt look entirely out of place. does is work with the steering wheel controls as i dont want to lose them. howd you ground out the park brake wire? would love to have that added bonus of being able to watch dvds while driving, well not me but the mrs and kids?

you can get adaptors so you can continue to use the steering wheel controls, its called like a PAC adaptor or some ****... i dunno but they were like $300 when i was doing my headunit and totally not worth it, i dont even notice anymore... and steering wheel controls are a bit of a wank really.

im busy until monday so i cant take a photo of where i grounded the wire until then, but basically ran it through the dash and under the centre console trims up nearish the handbrake. yeah when i lived on the coast used to put the dvds on when driving mates around and stuff, distracts people so they dont play with all the fiddly things in your car and break them. which my friends were really good at. haha.
ill take a photo on monday mate its not hard for me to pull the centre console out.