Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having a computer issue XD

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy super l67 (in a 93 Hilux)
What car you talking about? Is it a vy l67 in a hilux body?
If so, maybe you have wiring issue?
I imagine the ecu has vats disabled.
Yea the mechankc was saying tye wiring is dodgy in it, what ya reacon i should do mate?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If i get a new delco, from the same motor will it help? If had people offer me theres

TBH probably unlikely. While it's not impossible they fail, it's pretty uncommon. It also likely won't work because anti-theft will be a problem when you swap the ECU, either because the BCM from the donor is also in the car, or because your current ECU has VATS has been disabled. If your mechanic is saying the wiring is dodgy you should start there by seeing if it's rubbed through anywhere on the loom or there are places where it's shorting.

It's using the Commodore auto yeah?

Are you sure it's a VY ECU? Usually people go down the path of using a VS one when they do an Ecotec conversion, plus if it's a legit VY L67 ECU it'll have a memcal. Post up the details about what's on the sticker on the ECU, won't make a difference but may make it easier to trouble shoot.

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBH probably unlikely. While it's not impossible they fail, it's pretty uncommon. It also likely won't work because anti-theft will be a problem when you swap the ECU, either because the BCM from the donor is also in the car, or because your current ECU has VATS has been disabled. If your mechanic is saying the wiring is dodgy you should start there by seeing if it's rubbed through anywhere on the loom or there are places where it's shorting.

Are you sure it's a VY ECU? Usually people go down the path of using a VS one when they do an Ecotec conversion, plus if it's a legit VY L67 ECU it'll have a memcal. Post up the details about what's on the sticker on the ECU, won't make a difference but may make it easier to trouble shoot.
Yea it is a automatic did you get the photo i sent? This forum is gay to submit photos cant do it, here are the details... (it says on the ecu its a vy super 6 calais)

Service no. 16233396
3.8l auto pcm
16269218 DLTK

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride

Yea it is a automatic did you get the photo i sent? This forum is gay to submit photos cant do it, here are the details... (it says on the ecu its a vy super 6 calais)

Service no. 16233396
3.8l auto pcm
16269218 DLTK

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
The car hasnt been stalling in a while been driving flat out for 2 days had no stuttering or stalling, the ecu is not bolted to the floor, and my mate said that it could be causing it to stall. Im going to stick it on the floor properky tomorrow and get it recalibrated might fix it idk. What yall think??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Probably just a loose wire somewhere or crank angle sensor on its way out they die when they get hot and then come back to life after cooling down

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably just a loose wire somewhere or crank angle sensor on its way out they die when they get hot and then come back to life after cooling down
Hmm could be possible, ill see if i can get a auto sparky to look thru it or somethin like that.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yeah, looks to be legit. Would sort out your wiring first though, would be good to see what kind of codes you're getting though.

Hardy_Sheep

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys been to mechanic shop like just this week, found out it was a ground wire of the fuel pump in the fuse box haha i thought it would be something simple lol cheers for the support guys :) Looks like it WAS something fuel related!! Hha