Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Head Gasket problem

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
when you buy ur head gasket the torque settings and the order which u bolt the heads up are on there u undo them the same order...they maybe multi stage torque setting follow the instruction to a t

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Also just quickly, the fuel hoses, whats the easiest way to get them off without buying a special tool???

You wont need to take the fule hoses off it can just leave them bolted to the intake and move the whole part to the side

stickym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Sl wagon and vr executive t5
mate most fuel injection cars don't run hose clamps as such , but a special fitting where is slides over a step on the pipe but once over it cant be pulled back off with out the tabs being manipulated so they clear the step on the pipe to be able to be removed , and yes there is a special tool. but its pretty basic

cheers

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Help..

Well i got all the head bolts of the left hand cylinder block, One of the bolt holes starting pissin out water only one but, the rest were fine, Does it sound like only a cracked head gasket?? hopefully.... and not a cracked block? i read that the ecotechs are cast iron and so it should be pretty strong... i dunno i guess im just going to have to pull it apart to inspect visually:boxing:

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
does about 30$ for a set of the stretch head bolts for the Vs sound right, i went to car bitz and repco yesterday and they quoted me over 100$, So i rang a local seller this morning and he said 30$ brand new on special....... i dont get it

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Go to holden and see if you can buy genuine if you can. As with most things there are cheaper alternatives. You want good quality head bolts made from good quality steel, if they are crap they wont torque down correctly and you will have head gasket problems. There is the possibility that repco etc are ripping you off, check the brand of the bolts from repco and compare them to the ones from the cheap place.