Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit Power Source

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
Hi all...

I know this thread is quite old now, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the 16pin dealer option connector that is fitted in the car, has some kind of fuse linked to it?

I attempted to tap into it (splice) and now I can't seem to get it working again. I'm wondering if I have blown a fuse somewhere.

I look forward to any assistance available for this.

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Do yourself a favor head down to jay car and buy one of these - Double Mini Blade Fuse Socket Wire Tap- and a 10 amp fuse to go with it. simply pul out the fuse for the boot release replace it with the double fuse socket wire put the boot fuse back in and wire the head unit to the new wire tap you just bought dont forget to put the fuse in it also.
Find an earth anywhere close to the glove box from the body.
This way it has its own fuse.

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
No, I need to know if the 16pin dealer option connector is connected to a fuse anywhere because I'm not reading any voltage coming from the constant battery pin (pin 1) anymore.

UPDATE:
Spoke with local Holden dealer and after they reminded me that there is a small fuse box in the back near the battery (Wagons only I believe) I found the corresponding fuse to the 'Dealer Options' and my suspicions were correct. I did indeed blow a fuse whilst connecting to the plug.

Problem solved.

Last edited: