Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Header brands other than pacemakers

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
What other brands are there on the market which can provide the same amount of power pacemakers can but cheaper??

Ive seen brands like hurricane, xforce and genie, but havnt heard much about them other than there V8 aplications

Any opinions on the V6 worthyness?

customvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 vt executive
ive got hurricanes on my vt v6 stroker and they are good i dont know what the power diffrerence is as i havnt had the other brands but i would recomend them but i think all of the above will do a good job

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The thing you have to consider is power per dollar difference. On a dyno, Pacemakers can get you a higher power figure over most other brands, but considering the price difference, will you get $150-$200 worth of more power? I doubt it. On a V6 just about any brand will be fine.

I can do a good price on Genie, Wildcat, Hurricane, Tiger or Hi Tech. As an example, the Wildcats for the VT-VY are $375. They are probably the easiest to fit too.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I have got Hm on mine

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Advance Headers is another one. Go with Abba Fan, he will fix you up. I fitted Genies last year, excellent build and performance.

Snap-on

Boilermongrelin
Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH, 99 VT
I have Hurricanes on my VT V6. Extremely happy with them. $500 fitted as aginst $675 for pacemakers. My exhaust fitter said it is no way worth the extra $175.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
I've also got HM extractors. They're good for most applications and if you shop around for the right bits and pieces you'll end up with a complete exhaust that you can fit yourself in a few hours without any welding..