Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HEATER TAP / HOSES

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Hey fellas I have a ss Ute and it has just started pissing coolant out of the hoses near the heater tap is it a easy fix should I replace the heater tap as well cheers

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I would replace the heater tap . They become brittle with age , not hard to do .

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Its a simple job but the lack of room makes it a right PITA. You WILL break its mounting clip.

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
I would replace the heater tap . They become brittle with age , not hard to do .

What hoses do I get I need all 4 but the top two running into core look like they have some heat shield tap to them

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Careful if you replace the ones going to the core. Wriggle them too hard and run the risk or cracking the pipe on the core. Then your in for a bad time.

Dickie63

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I replaced mine and slicing the old ones worked well, but the bold sticking up through the chasis rail wore a hole in the lower hose from the water pump to the heater tap. Does anyone know how are you supposed to protect the lower hose from the bolt?

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Age of the car, price of new hoses and fitting and the fact you are gonna lose alot of fluid anyway. I'd replace all the heater hosing. I've made the mistake of chasing leaks one fitting or hose at a time.

Or at the very least the hosing.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I replaced mine and slicing the old ones worked well, but the bold sticking up through the chasis rail wore a hole in the lower hose from the water pump to the heater tap. Does anyone know how are you supposed to protect the lower hose from the bolt?
I put a rubber cap on the bolt, something like a very small rubber cap for a chair leg.

Dickie63

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Thanks, I will try the cap.

I had replaced everything when the tap began to leak but the bolt wore a hole in my nice shiny new hose within a few days. There was a hard piece of plastic wrapped around the old hose which I couldn't get off.

Cheers