Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!!! Can anyone hear petrol splashing inside SV6 sportswagon VF

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yep all Vf's do it, along with diesel captivas.

This guy ^^ knows. So all do it but is really hardly noticeable, whereas the Fiesta and Forrester would be up there with the loudest cabins BTW.
What you are hearing is a new silence, a truly beautiful thing, enjoy.
Otherwise get a recording of it like I suggested a couple if weeks ago, if you can't record it then it just might be imperceptible for the mic sensitivity?
ehejary3.jpg

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Pir4te,
Please tell me you didn't rip out your fuel tank to respond to the "VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON petrol splashing noise and clunk when taking off" thread. Lol.

Haha this is a good one.

In my ute noise is not too loud so its fine for me.
Will sound deadening make it more quiet ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
all cars I've had, filled at 3/4 full, the fuel sloshed around, even my first car a 1967 HR holden. as for the clunking a sound file would be good, cause a lot of us may find it easier to help diagnose.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Will sound deadening make it more quiet ?

Ooh yes yes methinks silence is precious luxurieses for master's car...
[video=youtube_share;Iz-8CSa9xj8]http://youtu.be/Iz-8CSa9xj8[/video]
Called Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV), its the industrial / architectural term for precious stuff like DynoMat's foil-covered boron-impregnated butyl rubber. But better and like 1/10th cost.
Empty out the back of the wagon, fold down seats and get a truly massive roll backed with acoustic foam from an insulation wholesale supplier.
Do spare wheel well, under back seat, in the space above wheel arches, in the doors particularly inside the rear hatch at the bottom. Then use the rest as an audio insulation blanket, cover the entire space under the access to wheel well, cut to fit neatly under your bonnet.
I have good pics and videos and spectrum analyses and sound bytses for all of this but I think the VF has thicker glass, acoustic carpet under the wheel arches and other NVH tricksies, so maybe just get some precious noise mat and do under rear seat.
uqeneve2.jpg

Maybe ima obsessed with noiseses.

Last edited:

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
we get people in who complain of the TINIEST sound you can ever hear, we have to get multiple people to test drive it because half the techs cant hear it. just turn the radio on a tiny bit or just stop being so picky... its a holden

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I also have a subaru outback (rubbish car) as well as the VF. I mention this as the outback had a clunking noise for some time when it was new. I took the car to the dealer for several times without success. Anyway one day I was cleaning the wagon area and noticed that the boot liner was a bit higher than normal. I checked and found that the spare tyre was not screwed down and this was the clunking noise.

I mention this sorry tale as I had expected that the dealers would have checked this simple item which is why I did not check it. My experience with dealers is that they more often than not the service divisions have poor customer service.

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Oh ok but you can feel the clunk noise under your feet also so it's not cosmetic I'm 100% sure it's manicial the car has been there since Thursday.
I also have a subaru outback (rubbish car) as well as the VF. I mention this as the outback had a clunking noise for some time when it was new. I took the car to the dealer for several times without success. Anyway one day I was cleaning the wagon area and noticed that the boot liner was a bit higher than normal. I checked and found that the spare tyre was not screwed down and this was the clunking noise.

I mention this sorry tale as I had expected that the dealers would have checked this simple item which is why I did not check it. My experience with dealers is that they more often than not the service divisions have poor customer service.

Rony

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf sv6 sportwagon
Does anyone who owns a VF SV6 Sportswagon can you please tell me when you have 3/4 of petrol in your tank can you hear it splashing from inside the car, or when you are about to stop or just sitting in your seat and moving is this normal or a faulty petrol tank.

Yes I can hear it in my vf sv6 sportwagon. I had a ve sv6 sportwagon and did not hear it. I think they have different tank,s.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I don't hear any splashing of fuel in my VF wagon (My 13 SV6)
The clunking might be related to the roll back assist letting go, mine has a slight (hardly hear it) noise when i initally take my foot off the brake and accelerate away.
Hasn't got any worse and i've done 21k.
I think its a great car.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
I've heard petrol sloshing in the tank in my VF Calais V (not Sportswagon) when entering my garage (the ground flattens out after a slight slope upwards). Didn't know what it was at first since I never heard it in my VZ Berlina. Also, has anyone noticed that the fuel filler neck is not fixed in any way to the car? Mine's loose in the metal tube that surrounds it. Again, by way of contrast, it was immovable in the VZ. Maybe it's designed that way to minimise noise and vibrations being transmitted to the interior of the car.