Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!! i am an idiot

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
I couldn't care less if he wrecks his car... If he wants to learn to drop a burnout then take it to the track and ask someone there.

1. What if he attempts advise off here in the local streets and kills himself or someone else after he looses control....who's to blame ?

2. Cops have better things to do that waste there time giving out defect notices, confiscating licenses, and impounding hooligans cars.

3. Street Machine Enthusiasts dont need ANYMORE curfews and laws restricting what they can and can do with their car just because of a minority of teenage tools who drop burnouts in the streets and end up causing accidents that kill.

FFS look at the laws the L and P platers have now...what do you want a choice of driving the rest of you life ?
Toyota Prius ???

:ranting:

bloody well said...

go to a track. or better still, find someone with a shed or a farm or something like i do. my dad is a mechanic, he has a big workshop, i go nuts in there, or on his 5 acres of grass. not the roads.

what im saying is at least if he wants to do burnouts then he should at least go find somewhere to go and safely do them.

the reason it wont do a burnout is: ecotec+auto+IRS = too much grip to too little power to do a standstill. theres no limiter on it, it just doesnt have the grunt to break traction.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
LMAO holden wreakers will LOVEEEE this bloke for the next few years. Kinda guy that would put his trye on back to front hahaha and wonder why its scrubbing !!

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
i dont know if its just the fact that im still drunk, but i cannot make sense out of any of the replys in this thread

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
well said, u shouldnt really do burnouts, well stand stills that is, just do powerslides at 100km/h.:whistling

The biggest tip i can give u, save your money, sell the car, and buy something decent, that will do burnouts with ease.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
i will second that......

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
u guys are a bunch of assholes. if someone wants to go do burnouts so fkn wat! its not your car, if it gets wrecked. if people wanna waste money doing it, so wat. poor bastard just asked how to rip a skid. all was needed was a simple answer.

*p.s. just my drunken new years rant* lol

The 'so what' part is the part that applies to us trying to keep everything on this site as legal as possible. Arsehole (or as you Americans say "assholes") lol

Jamsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Any Car Can Do A Stand-Still.... lol...
If you cant do one or even a simple slow-moving burnout then either your car has a 1.5L 4cyl engine + the weight of a commodore OR its screwed OR your screwed. Burn-outs are pointless... as I said everyone can do them in any car lol 1990 Ford Laser Auto's do them without water or nothing (mates GFs car lol). Oh IF your car is manual and you cant do a burnout then your license should be taken off you because obviously you cant understand the importance of a clutch. So doing a burnout in public only proves 1 of 2 things... your huge bank account or your incredibly stupid.

IN THE EVENT OF WANTING TO DO ONE:
It all comes down to been unco.. too many stoners on the road lose co-ordination when it comes to break+acc adjustments hence shouldnt be driving on the road anyhow. Go buy yourself a Barina for burnouts, at least the 13" tyres are small and cheap (like $5 from wreckers).

Keep your VT for cruising and invest that cash from the repairs and rubber into show/go, dont destroy it. :thumbsup:

MR.HRT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6
seriously though has your VT got abs? Thats why it wont do a burnout with foot on brake. Used to have a vs and you could dab the brake lightly and get it started but the vt's on they wont do it as easy.:thumbsup: