Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Key Snapped Off!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As long as the cut part is still in one piece, that is it has broken on the flat part of the key. If you have the servicebook, I think the key number is recorded on the buyer info page.

PsYko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
It all worked out in the end, I rang the RAC (in WA) they said my membership wouldnt cover the cost of a locksmith (only basic roadside assist). So I rang up later on and upgraded my membership.

Called them at 8am this morning, they insisted on calling out an RAC roadside guy to try and open the door, he spend about 5 minutes and decided it was too hard, he called back to base and got them to send out a lock smith (which is what I asked for in the first place).

15 minutes later I had a girl ask for my VIN (vehicle ID) and about 30 minutes after that I had a locksmith out by my car (with a new key already cut) trying to un-deadlock it (took him about 30-40 minutes to open the door), he popped off the door skin, got the handle and lock/barrel out, gave it a good clean and put it all back together. :thumbsup:

The only thing it cost me was the price of upgrading my membership with the RAC from basic to classic which was around $43 (my membership covers upto $165 for the locksmith's service).

Moral of the story: If you plan on snapping your key make sure you have some sort of roadside coverage :)

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Moral of the story: If you plan on snapping your key make sure you have some sort of roadside coverage :)

Sweet, must remember that!! Glad to hear it all worked out without too much pain.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
It all worked out in the end, I rang the RAC (in WA) they said my membership wouldnt cover the cost of a locksmith (only basic roadside assist). So I rang up later on and upgraded my membership.

good to see it all worked out for ya, i suggest getting a spare key now.:p