Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Choose A Manifold FOR MY 355CI

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Hey guys will be purchasing a larger better flowing manifold for my 355ci stroker VN SS EFI which one do i get and why?

1. Come Racing Twin Throttle Efi Manifold $2500

A two year dyno development program yielded the C.O.M.E. Racing Twin Throttle Body EFI manifold which has now become the top selling intake for the EFI Holden V8s in Australia.

This manifold has revolutionised the power potential of the Holden EFI V8 and enabled power gains never before possible, even compared to the factory Group-A VL and VN manifolds.

ttbholdenv8lgiw2.jpg

2.Trick Shift Twin Throttle Manifold

Our Twin Throttle body manifold suits Injected 5lt Commodores only fron VN - VT series 1.
It has 2 progressive 60mm throttle bodies, uses the standard fuel rail, has easy distributor access, is made from cast alloy, bolts straight on & fits under the bonnet. ( Please note some vs & vt may have to slightly modify a bonnet spar)
You will need to modify your air box & replace valley gasket.

The manifold has been designed for bottom end performance & has it right thru to mid range & top end.
Power increases will vary depending on your engine applications. On testing this manifold on a stock 5lt we had a 20% power increase. Happy customers have reported they to have got the power increase & better fuel economy.

The package we have available includes the following: 1 x manifold, 2 x 60mm Throttle bodies, 1 x new gm throttle cable & 2 x pieces of black ducting. Valley Gasket & air box adaptor are available for a little extra.
We do also offer a change over deal for your standard manifold & v8 throttle body, providing your manifold is not corroided out or damaged in any way.

Item can be sent anywhere in Australia & Tasmania. Price can be quoted when you give us your post code.

For more detailed specs & prices on the manifold please dont hesitate to contact us & we can discuss in
detail with you all the information.

trickshifttz9.jpg

3.Torque-Power VN-VT Dual Plane Intake Manifold $950 EFI

For performance in high performance street, drag and boat engines, choose Touque-Power aluminum intake manifolds.
This dual plane high-rise split level manifold is the latest in 'State of the Art' technology.
From 1500 RPM 6500-RPM Torque-Power dual plane manifolds offer incredible torque and throttle response with plenty of top end power.

Torque-Power has achieved 400 HP 6000 RPM at 389 FT LB of torque at 4250 RPM. This was possible with a Torque-Power 308 CU IN Dyno Proven Power Package Kit.

All Torque-Power dual plane manifolds are non E.G.R.
Torque-Power in conjunction with Micron Competition Engines have spent many hours in extensive flow and dyno testing to develop and patent a split level exit to the Torque-Power dual plane intake manifold to suit 308 EFI heads.
This design allows the eight intake runner to flow within 1-2 CFM out of the box. Port machining is not as important as is required on the other brands of intake manifolds.

Manifold to suit EFI V8 Holden cylinder head only

Split port level EXIT Design

The eight Intake Runner's Flow within 2 - 3 CFM of each other

Bosse's for EFI injector's or Nitrous Oxide nozzles if required

Over all height of manifold at front is 5 1/8

image3tw3.gif

4.Harrop Single Plain$1000 DRILL TO SUIT EFI

Fuel rail, throttle body and injectors are not included in the price of the Dual Plane manifold.

Ports designed for maximum torque and horsepower
Cast with bosses for use with EFI injectors or N2O nozzles if required
180mm overall height at front
Holley stud pattern
Mass: 10kg

Ideally suited for Top end horsepower and torque
• In house casting and heat treating to aeronautical standards
• Precision CNC machining
• Dimensions: Height approx. 180mm from block face to carburettor face
• Optimal performance gain between 3,500 and 7,000 rpm
• Can be machined to suit fuel injection
• This manifold has been developed in conjunction with the dual plane manifold using the same
Harrop racing DNA to deliver the performance enthusiast with a quality enhanced product

harropefiej8.jpg

5. STARR MANIFOLD

Manifold and Throttle Body
For many years, Holden enthusiasts have been looking for a replacement manifold for their EFI V8’s. The standard manifold and throttle body doesn’t supply the engine with the air volume required for high power outputs. The original 65mm throttle body and intake design only flows 580CFM.

The Starr manifold and throttle body conversion transforms power and torque of the EFI Holden V8 (VN – VT1), fits under the bonnet, looks standard and flows 1200CFM. It is the perfect replacement manifold for anybody looking to achieve a simple gain over standard, or for the enthusiast who is building a 400HP stroker. Best yet, is the price. At $1,450 (change over), no other manifold offers the same performance gain for the price.

15kw @ flywheel is achievable by bolting onto a stock 5.0L. However, up to 40kw @ flywheel is achievable on a big cammed stroker. We recommend that the manifold be used with our custom cold air box and a reprogrammed chip.

6.Walker Twin Throttle $2400

Twin throttle body manifold for Commodore VN-VT 5L injection style heads, as seen in March issue of Street Machine magazine, comes with manifold base, sheetmetal plenum, twin 60mm throttle bodies, modified fuel rails and all nuts bolts and gaskets. Factory harness requires very minor modification (extension of TPS plug by 120mm). Plenum and fuel rails have been fully polished. ECM remap recommended for best results

walkerlq2.jpg

Last edited:

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
I was in the same situation a while back but mine isnt a stroker, it all depends how hard you want to rev the engine and what cam you are running.
I chose the torque power dual plane for my car as it suits a 304 the best, but maybe go a single plane or dual plane high rise if you wanna rev it hard, depends if you still want down low power for street use aswell.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
Why not a STARR manifold? you get too keep the pretty nanas, and 1250cfm, also cheaper.

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
I would go the tp duel plane, a mate in adelaide has got one on his 355 in a hj 2 door, and he is aiming at running in the high tens, so they can handle quite a bit!! Sawka is building his motor.

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
bit hard for us to advice you on which manifold to go for with out some engine specs (cam, comp, heads, max rpm etc etc) and also the intended use, eg daily driver, weekender, street/strip or if your planning any more mods in the near future!

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
just had a quick look at your commodore thread, from your current specs listed, imo either a DP manifold or even the TP high rise DP manifold

but like i said any future plans, intended use etc, what comp ratio it running?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Engine Specs 2007 December

Torque Plate Honed,Acid Dipped, Crank Tested,Decked & Blue Printed C.O.M.E "Racing" Nodular Recipricating 355ci Billet Stroker
King Bearings & ARP Rod Bolts
Speed Pro Gasket Set
Crow Cams Pushrods
Speed Pro Flat Top Forged Pistons
5 .7" I Beam C.O.M.E Conrods- Floating Conrods non press fit
l34 Stainless one piece Valves
Crane 284 Camshaft,Crane Anti Pump Lifters,Crane Valve Springs,Crane Retainers,Crane Valve Locks
MSD Ignition P2225 - External Performance Fuel Pump Rated @ 500hp
K&N 3" Inlet Pod Filter RR-3003 (chrome).with Custom 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe with Blue THERMAL FLEX Adaptor
Yella Terra Platinum 1.6.5 Roller Rockers
JP Performance Oil Pump
Injectors Chemically,Flow Benched, Cleaned and Tested with new O Rings
Kilkenny Casting Timing Cover
Rollmaster Double Row Timing Chain
Powerbond Street Series Harmonic Balancer
GMB Water Pump
Haltech E6GMX Engine Managment System - Dyno Tuned on BP Ultimate
PRB Master Cylinder
Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs
Top Gun 8.8mm Performance Leads
New Plasitic Fan GMH.
Cleaned IAC Valve,Throttle Body & replaced TPS.
Compression 9.9

HEADS

Machine & Clean Heads
Faced Valves
3 Angle Grind
Profile Machine Valve Seats
K Liners
GMH head Kit
2.02" Exhaust Inlet, 1.6" exhaust outlet
Flow benced 500+ hp

EXHAUST

Pacemaker 5002 44mm Primary Headers Including HP Coating - AAA Exhausts S.A
Pacemaker 3" 5002 Exhaust Y piece (Brings headers into single 3" System)
3" X Force Matt Black Mandrel bent Exhaust System
3" Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Convertor
3" X Force High Flow Muffler
3" Stainless Dump Pipe

I am after low down torque,instant power mostly,thats why i am unsure on the come manifold tho i can pick one up brand new for $1800 cash. Future Mods Twin Throttle Manifold,42LB Injectors, Crane hi 6 Ignition or MSD + Coil,3.7'3 diff into 2008.

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
if your after low down torque and instand power a DP will be best for that motor.

9.9comp is on the low side of things, a higher comp will net you more torque

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
agree with rvk, up your comp, i would still run with the dp.
Good luck!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
agreed, more CR will waken up the engine down low where your looking for power. a DP manifold is the way to go for low end power, i have no idea how the COME manifold goes but $1800 does sound cheap for one. you really want to see back to back dyno pulls for the COME manifold against maybe the standard bananas manifold to see how it pulls down low (maybe talk to COME, they probably have done such test to prove there manifold)