Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Choose A Manifold FOR MY 355CI

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
go the COME for ya 355 they spent massive amount of money testing that thing and it seams it do very well..

dont know why but i just dont like the trick shift job

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
Why go with the COME if his after down low and instant power when the come is the complete opposite to that

come is good for out rite powe and top end performance

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
Why go with the COME if his after down low and instant power when the come is the complete opposite to that

come is good for out rite powe and top end performance

lol i didnt see that little bit on the bottem of his last post

cano1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS stateo 5ltr
the trick shift performance one is really good, i have been in a few of there cars that have the manifold and the difference they make is unbelievible. im not sure about the others i just know about the trick shift one.give scott a call at trick shift performance(9357-6999) and they will give you all the dteails you need to know.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Have you been in a car with the trickshift that didn't have the tune that they like to put in with it?, I think 90% of the gain on the trickshift package is not the manifold

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
[Thanks guys few different views,all very much appreciate and taken into account,into the new year FEB /MARCH i will finally make my decision

There is a V8 355 215i on st commodores that runs 175rwkw with no head work running stock efi manifold so if im around 185rwkw before the manifold id be happy,all will be known in the upcoming months on enhanced automotives dyno.

Can anyone lead me into the direction of what parts i need to order to run similar setup to preadator with the dp manifold tho i want to keep my injection setup run 42lb injectors.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
In ur opinion guys what is very similar to the twin throttle vn ss group A Manifold.

Is this what i want?

This is a genuine msd 4 barrell 1000cfm throttle body. ideal to convert carby to injection or to run a high rise manifold on your efi holden/ford. comes with throttle position switch and idle air control valve.
Price: $950.00

4barrelefigb7.jpg

same as the carby single plane manifold with efi holes drilled in the accomodate injectors. these single plane manifold make best power from 4000-8000rpm. ideally used with a msd 4 barrell throttle body to create the old school muscle look but still retain efi.
Price: $1045.00

harropmanifolddz2.jpg

WWW.TUFFCARPARTS.COM.AU

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dude just get the torque power dual plane or high rise even better and go for 230 rwkw+. You can make 230 on a 304 with one let alone a stroker. The Harrop might show you the same numbers on the top end but it wont be as good in the mid range where it counts on street car

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
In ur opinion guys what is very similar to the twin throttle vn ss group A Manifold.

Is this what i want?

This is a genuine msd 4 barrell 1000cfm throttle body. ideal to convert carby to injection or to run a high rise manifold on your efi holden/ford. comes with throttle position switch and idle air control valve.
Price: $950.00

4barrelefigb7.jpg

same as the carby single plane manifold with efi holes drilled in the accomodate injectors. these single plane manifold make best power from 4000-8000rpm. ideally used with a msd 4 barrell throttle body to create the old school muscle look but still retain efi.
Price: $1045.00

harropmanifolddz2.jpg

WWW.TUFFCARPARTS.COM.AU

Brad,

42lb injectors are way to big for your application these will support up to and slightly abover 400rwkw, the best injector choice u can go is vt ls1 or vx ls1 from 260 to 300+ rwkw.

as for manifold, go with what i spoke to u a while ago, forget alloy manifolds as IAT's go through the roof.

As for the harrop manifold, ive done a few 304's with nothing above 9.5:1 cr, mild head work and running a solid camshaft and they all net around 230rwkw at 6700rpm.

And to others, i will gladly put my hand up, and say ive actually removed one of those walker manifolds, as it made worse power and torque, than the standard banana manifold, and was a manifold nothing more than the factory one cut down, and a top plenium made.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
as for manifold, go with what i spoke to u a while ago, forget alloy manifolds as IAT's go through the roof.

And to others, i will gladly put my hand up, and say ive actually removed one of those walker manifolds, as it made worse power and torque, than the standard banana manifold, and was a manifold nothing more than the factory one cut down, and a top plenium made.

one way to control the excessive heat with alloy manifolds is to have em coated with a ceramic heat coating similar to what they use on headers, it gives a nice chrome like look and helps keep those intake temps down.

the problem with the walker manifold could be that the runners are probably 6-8" to short, no bellmouth style entry into the runners doesn't help either. i think the manifold that foam is building is a much better idea (from a factory banana's manifold) if he ever finishes it:thumbsup: (hint foam:whistling)