Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Choose A Manifold FOR MY 355CI

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
What about this:

Intake/Induction - Holden V8 Intake - JHP Starr Performance

What is the opinion on this manifold? They claim it flows around double what the standard manifold flows.

Wouldn't that be a bit too much for a standard engine? Might be alright for a stroker, or would you expect to lose a bit low down with a stroker too?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you want low down torque use a dual plane, simple as that.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There's no possible way for a single plane manifold to out perform a well designed dual plane that has the same flow on a typical V8 just because of the way it fires. Plus with the even spacing on the VN heads single planes X manifolds are all very unequal length, If you loook at the Torque power high rise every runner is seperated in firing order and the same length, apart from IR manifolds I don't believe this manifold can be improved on (apart from making the same thing with smaller port volume for near stock 304s :) )

immortality, I'll finish it one day :) probably about the same time I buy a cam. But I have a better one drawn up now I want to make afterwards, also from a cut down banana, but much more cut :p

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
im running the harrop sp and holley tb and i wish i had gone the torque power high rise, the harrop units are 15 years old and the tp units are new, go with new tech every time.
The duel plane manifold is the best way for you to go!!

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
I'll be selling an as new STARR manifold with POD filter in about 1 months time. I should be keeping it but decided to waste some more money on my mid life crisis. Currently running it on a 355ci with 10-1 compression, 286 cam and mild heads. Getting 290rwhp and all thats come in by 5000rpm. Heaps of torque through the rev range and I swear my economy is better than the standard manifold on my old 304ci. Throttle response is great also.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
without reading whats been said already... i would go with a DUEL plane manifold and a 1000cfm 4bbl tb.

i wouldnt recomend a single plane for street use, unless u idle above 4k lol

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
Dont mean to sound rude or anything, but all manifolds are made out of alloy.

On the market for the holden 5.0 liter at this stage yes.

i will disagree with your above statement, as ive got a manifold design for the 304's and it will be made in plastic, for that reason, the technology has been out there for 100 years +, lower IAT's = more horsepower and torque.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
On the market for the holden 5.0 liter at this stage yes.

i will disagree with your above statement, as ive got a manifold design for the 304's and it will be made in plastic, for that reason, the technology has been out there for 100 years +, lower IAT's = more horsepower and torque.

i have noticed in the US on there ecotecs they use a bananas style manifold with the TB facing the front of the car and it looks to be made from plastic, there all black....i wonder if that monifold will fit on our engines?

now that you have dangled the carrot, are you going to give us any more info:whistling

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i have noticed in the US on there ecotecs they use a bananas style manifold with the TB facing the front of the car and it looks to be made from plastic, there all black....i wonder if that monifold will fit on our engines?

now that you have dangled the carrot, are you going to give us any more info:whistling

just to be a picky bastard, the manifolds still face "backwards" on their motor,because they still run it east-west, and faces the drivers side(in a yank car), but just like the pre ecotec manifold ive got in the shed, they can be flipped around to face the front of the motor, just have to reroute the belt setup to fit it and some hoses and such.

then theres the firebirds that run the v6, and they have a funky tunnelram setup that faces forward,because the car is rwd.

this is what someone needs to import, would be mad for a front mount otr cai, or nice and easy for turbo piping maybe?

L36.jpg

sorry for the slight hijack RVN 355